1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maybe easy questions i dont know need help

1. Feb 11, 2010 #1
    forget how to solve these questions plz help

first off these are probally really easy but i havent taken physics in 2 years so i completely forget how to do these questions lol.

1. solve for x. 3x/y=6g/y
    2. d-t/x
    3.A pirate starts at point A, takes 54 paces due WEST, turns, takes 34 paces due SOUTH, turns, and takes 12 paces due EAST to find a buried treasure. How far is the buried treasure from Point A?

I dont need the answers i just want to know the equations to figure them out so I can do them!

question 1 attempt:

3x/y=6g/b = x/y=2g/b = x=2gy/b?? please tell me if this is correct and if not can anyone tell me what ive done wrong here?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2010 #2

kuruman

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: forget how to solve these questions plz help

The equation that you show initially is 3x/y=6g/y. Then you say 3x/y=6g/b. The two do not agree.

These two are not the same. Also you should not be putting equal signs as you did.
    3x/y=6g/b is one equation
    x/y=2g/b is another equation, but
    6g/b is not equal to x/y as you say.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook