Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maybe this is a bug?

1. Nov 26, 2006 #1
    If you press alt + 1 2 3 (I have only tried this with the number pad),while looking at a certain thread you get this page

[​IMG]
    Click on it to get full size....

In fact, pressing alt + various things, does...various things. This happened to me when I tried to do some alt codes on here....

EDIT: This is what it gets to
    https://www.physicsforums.com/printthread.php?t=145470
    It says "printthread", so Im guessing that it's the printer friendly version?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2006 #2
    I can't seem to replicate this on the newest version of firefox or IE7. what you are seeing is the printer version, you can also get to is by the thread tools dropdown.

4. Nov 26, 2006 #3
    I can replicate this but I get the PF image, not Chef Success.

5. Nov 27, 2006 #4
    I thought I remember a thread about this a while back, but I cannot seem to duplicate it (Firefox 2.0, win xp)

6. Nov 27, 2006 #5
    I cleared my Cache and now have the PF image.

Yeah, the only reason why I thought it could be a bug is because it was the Chef thing...

Oh yeah, and the reason why you aren't able to duplicate it might be because you are pressing 123 too slow... Even if I type it really fast, it doesnt always work. I have to do it in one quick motion for it to actually go to the page.

EDIT: I thought I checked this earlier, but this works with alt 3..... The only reason it worked with 123 was because it was just fast enough to only take the 3 into account.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?