1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MBA + PM vs. MSE?

1. May 17, 2010 #1
    Hey new to the site but so far it has been helpful.

Now to my question. MBA with Project Management vs Masters in Engineering. I just got my BS (unfortunately not in engineering) and I wanted to compare these 2 paths.

I have a little experience with construction management and familiar with pmp and pmbok. I enjoyed the work and there seems to be good money involved. Additionally, the course work when compared to anything related to engineering is much easier. However, I have always had a drive to learn more and engineering is what I find most interesting. I know that many project/construction managers have engineering degrees as well.

SO, what are the REAL World pros/cons of each and the likelihood of landing a nice CM job (over here in the states hopefully). I am split and want good personal experiences and information from real people.

Thanks for your time in advance

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted