MBA programmes for engineers/scientists

• Thread starter sony
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mba
In summary, there are many universities in the USA that offer specialized MBA programs for students with a background in physics. Your university can help you choose courses to prepare for these programs. Some examples include the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business, and the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business. Be sure to research the specifics of each program and check if your university offers co-op programs for gaining industry experience.
sony
I have applied to a physics bachelor degree. When I'm finnished with that I hope to have a chance applying to some schools in the USA (graduate program).

But I'm also interested in economics, and I have heard that some schools offer students with background in physics and such specialized MBA programmes. Does anybody know something about this? Which schools is it?

By the way, when I take my physics bachelor, do you think my univ. can help me choose courses, so I can apply to the more engineering oriented programmes in universities around the world? I want to work in industry when I'm I am finished...

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, your university should be able to help you choose courses to prepare for a specialized MBA program. Many universities offer MBA programs with a concentration in engineering or science. Some examples include the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business, and the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business. Each school has a different approach to the program, so it is important to research the specifics of each program carefully. Additionally, some schools offer co-op programs that allow students to gain experience in industry while completing their MBA. Be sure to check if your university offers this type of program before enrolling.

There are several MBA programs specifically designed for engineers and scientists who are interested in pursuing a career in business. These programs combine the technical knowledge and skills acquired through an undergraduate degree in engineering or science with business and management education.

Some top schools in the USA that offer specialized MBA programs for engineers/scientists are MIT Sloan School of Management, Stanford Graduate School of Business, and University of California Berkeley Haas School of Business. These programs are highly competitive and require a strong academic background and relevant work experience.

In terms of choosing courses for your undergraduate degree, it would be beneficial to discuss your interests and career goals with your university's career services or academic advisors. They can help guide you towards courses that align with your interests and prepare you for a future MBA program.

Additionally, gaining relevant work experience in the industry you want to work in can also be beneficial for your MBA application. This can showcase your skills and knowledge in a practical setting and make you a more competitive candidate.

Overall, pursuing an MBA after completing your physics bachelor's degree can open up many opportunities for you in the business world. It combines your technical background with business skills, making you a valuable asset in industries that require a strong understanding of both. Good luck with your academic journey!

1. What is an MBA programme for engineers/scientists?

An MBA programme for engineers/scientists is a specialized business degree designed for individuals with a technical background. It combines business and management principles with scientific and technical knowledge to prepare individuals for leadership roles in industries such as technology, engineering, and research.

2. Who is eligible for an MBA programme for engineers/scientists?

Individuals with a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering or science are typically eligible for an MBA programme for engineers/scientists. Some programmes may also consider individuals with relevant work experience in technical fields.

3. What are the benefits of an MBA programme for engineers/scientists?

An MBA programme for engineers/scientists can provide individuals with a strong foundation in business and management skills, as well as enhance their technical knowledge. This can open up opportunities for career advancement and leadership roles in industries that require a combination of technical and business expertise.

4. Are there any specific areas of focus in MBA programmes for engineers/scientists?

Yes, some MBA programmes for engineers/scientists offer specializations or concentrations in areas such as technology management, innovation and entrepreneurship, or operations and supply chain management. These can allow individuals to further tailor their degree to their specific interests and career goals.

5. How long does it take to complete an MBA programme for engineers/scientists?

The length of an MBA programme for engineers/scientists can vary, but it typically takes 1-2 years to complete. Some programmes may offer part-time or online options, which can take longer to complete. It is important to research the specific programme to determine the duration and format of the degree.