Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MBA's: The Biggest Cheaters

1. Oct 28, 2006 #1

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

MarketWatch - Careers
    By Thomas Kostigen
    Don't cheat. :rolleyes:

http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/mbacheat_1.html

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2006 #2
    Sigh......
    What a wonderful world we live in eh?

4. Oct 28, 2006 #3
    haha, I was grading some tests for the teacher who's class I tutor for, and I noticed that two people had the same exact answers. Being curious, I asked the teacher if they sat next to each other, and indeed they do. Anyway, the kicker is that they both got somewhere around a 40%, I don't remember the exact number.

5. Oct 28, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I always wonder why people cheat when they don't even cheat off someone who knows the answers. :rofl: Did you give them each a 20% for their half of the work? :biggrin:

6. Oct 29, 2006 #5
    This does not surprise me a bit. Business majors are the more represented share in the human population. It contains the most average, stupid people. Second to that is political science majors.

7. Oct 29, 2006 #6
    Engineers are right behind them at 54% followed by Physical sciences at 50% so I think it is a little unfair to make generalizations. The only thing that can be said is that too many people are cheating.

8. Oct 29, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The irony is that only the honest students would admit to cheating. :uhh: When they include copying another student's work without specifying how much, then I'd expect the real percentage to be much higher. I think it would be very rare to find a student who has NEVER copied even a single homework problem from a classmate when they got stuck and ran out of time to work it out or get proper help before turning it in.

9. Oct 29, 2006 #8
    That's what I was thinking about....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?