Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

McCain-Condi: The Republican Dream Team

1. Feb 22, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In the news today was the question to Condi as to whether or not she would consider a run as VP with McCain. :rofl: Even if I were to completely ignore the fact that she is as close to Bush as anyone, which is probably as large a liability as one could have with Independents, it would still be obvious that she doesn't have the presence needed to run for office. However, I would love to see McCain run with a Bush loyalist who is the personification of "boring!!!".

McCain-Condi: The Democrat's dream team!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

The dream team is McCain-Cheney. That ticket would come in 3rd after "undecided".

4. Feb 22, 2008 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I also like McCain's line: "I am older than dirt and have more scars than Frankenstein."

That reminds me of a local would-be politician who ran on the line: "I am as common as dirt". Haven't seen him since. :biggrin:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  5. Feb 22, 2008 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Clinton proved that having a Boring VP is a good idea. You don't want your VP stealing your interns....i mean limelight.

6. Feb 23, 2008 #5
    Bush proved that a president can step back and let the VP run the executive branch.

7. Feb 23, 2008 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At least Gore had a deep resonant voice. When Condi talks she sounds like she's about to cry. :biggrin:

...course I find Hillary to be a bit grating as well.

8. Feb 23, 2008 #7

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. Feb 26, 2008 #8

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

McCain-Powell would be the real rep dream team. I don't think McCain would choose anyone with two z's in their name for that post. When you look at video of Obama on the stump, you see in the background a mix of gender and race. When you look at McCain, you see old white guys. This is a huge problem for McCain.

10. Feb 28, 2008 #9

Art

If one follows the money then Tim Pawlenty is the bookies' favourite for the Republican's VP nomination @ 4/1 with Rice @ 12/1 and Powell @ 33/1.

Obama is now 8/11 to be the next US president with Clinton pushed out to 6/1 and McCain @ 6/4.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?