1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

McCain-Condi: The Republican Dream Team

1. Feb 22, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In the news today was the question to Condi as to whether or not she would consider a run as VP with McCain. :rofl: Even if I were to completely ignore the fact that she is as close to Bush as anyone, which is probably as large a liability as one could have with Independents, it would still be obvious that she doesn't have the presence needed to run for office. However, I would love to see McCain run with a Bush loyalist who is the personification of "boring!!!".

McCain-Condi: The Democrat's dream team!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

The dream team is McCain-Cheney. That ticket would come in 3rd after "undecided".

4. Feb 22, 2008 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I also like McCain's line: "I am older than dirt and have more scars than Frankenstein."

That reminds me of a local would-be politician who ran on the line: "I am as common as dirt". Haven't seen him since. :biggrin:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  5. Feb 22, 2008 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Clinton proved that having a Boring VP is a good idea. You don't want your VP stealing your interns....i mean limelight.

6. Feb 23, 2008 #5
    Bush proved that a president can step back and let the VP run the executive branch.

7. Feb 23, 2008 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At least Gore had a deep resonant voice. When Condi talks she sounds like she's about to cry. :biggrin:

...course I find Hillary to be a bit grating as well.

8. Feb 23, 2008 #7

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. Feb 26, 2008 #8

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

McCain-Powell would be the real rep dream team. I don't think McCain would choose anyone with two z's in their name for that post. When you look at video of Obama on the stump, you see in the background a mix of gender and race. When you look at McCain, you see old white guys. This is a huge problem for McCain.

10. Feb 28, 2008 #9

Art

If one follows the money then Tim Pawlenty is the bookies' favourite for the Republican's VP nomination @ 4/1 with Rice @ 12/1 and Powell @ 33/1.

Obama is now 8/11 to be the next US president with Clinton pushed out to 6/1 and McCain @ 6/4.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?