Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MCNP error in vised

1. Jan 3, 2017 #1
    I need help with creating repeated structures.
    I have a hexagonal aluminium container, inside of which i need to put cylindrical rods. I defined a rod and its cladding and air surrounding it, as universe=5 then i defined another hexagonal surface with 0 material but fill=5 and i define this hexagonal cell as universe =4 and lat=2 then i defined another bigger hexagonal, a certain part of the above mentioned hexagonal aluminium container with 0 material but fill=4..... But in vised the latter container is shown as red so error. Please help me :(

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Perhaps you can post a screen shot of where the error is shown and what the error text says.

What is vised? a visual editor? is this the name of the software you are using?

4. Jan 3, 2017 #3
    Hi. Yes, vised stands for visual editor.
    Now i have two problems. One is i defined 2 hex because the hexagonal container has a thickness. At the end of the body, i added a plate , but the plate is rectangular, i defined by 2 px and 2 py and the z but the part which is larger than the container is in red so it is not defined in a correct way.

Attached Files:

5. Jan 3, 2017 #4
    To define the last plate,
    Cell n. Mat. n -2.7 510 -51 10 -119

Sutface: 119
    Rpp -17.5 17.5 -17.5 17.5 63.3 63.8
    But no way
    Thanks for your reply

6. Jan 3, 2017 #5

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

So your error is related to two or more parts trying to occupy the same space?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted