Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MCNP fmesh with fm

1. Jul 6, 2016 #1
    Hello there,

I am using mcnp6 to simulate a tokamak. I am interested in the energy deposition in the blanket and I am using a fmesh4 and the tally multiplier fm4 as follow:

fmesh4:n ORIGIN=0 -24.2 -50 OUT=CF
    imesh=35.2 iints=352
    jmesh=24.2 jints=484
    kmesh=50 kints=1
    fm4 (-1 1 1 -4)

Now, MCNP allows you to use only one material in the fm card, in my case material 1. Unfortunately, I have six different materials (in several different cells) in the mesh domain and I am wondering if there's a way to make mcnp aware of that such that it'll automatically consider different materials of different cells in the mesh domain. I could use six different fm4, one fore each material, and merge the six outputs in a single matrix representing my blanket but it would be really tedious. I hope someone can help. I have read about a wild-card material 0 but I can't figure out how that works :(

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted