1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ME advice

1. Dec 23, 2014 #1
    Hi, I'm a high school senior and I was planning on studying Aerospace Engineering but my local university doesn't have it so I was opting to study ME and then move to a bigger uni where they have AE so I can get my masters degree there. Is that a good idea? Plus where would I work after I get my masters? Also should I get a PhD in AE too and would that help with getting jobs?
    Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2014 #2
    You got advice on your other thread already. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/b-s-in-physics-masters-in-aerospace-engineering.788667/

why didn't you just reply to your posts and ask this question there? A PhD does not make getting a job easier. Only go for it if you want a research oriented job. Wait until you go to college and try research before you decide all of this.

No one can tell you where you will work after getting your masters. Seriously, did you not bother reading the other posts? I answered this already. You have to get work experience during your undergrad in the form of internships during the summer. Just acing your classes does not guarantee you a place in the job market.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook