ME Governor says Obama hates white people

• News
  • Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, Paul LePage is an embarrassment to our state. He has spent his time in office appointing his daughter to a high-paying job and making racist statements about President Obama. We can't stand four more years of this idiot, and Cutler has shown no sign that he will withdraw.
turbo
Gold Member
This guy is an embarrassment to our state.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/paul-lepage-obama_n_3782531.html

Unfortunately, Eliot Cutler has signaled his intention to run for governor again. The last time he did that, he pulled enough votes away from Libby Mitchell (D) to put LePage in office. We can't stand 4 more years of this idiot, and Cutler has shown no sign that he will withdraw.

LePage didn't run against his competitors last time. Instead, he spent all of his effort denigrating our state employees. One of his first acts in office was to appoint his 22 Y.O. daughter to be the executive assistant to his chief of staff at a salary of $41K. She also "qualified" for a $9K housing allowance, while living in the governor's mansion at taxpayer cost. There is a lot of waste and corruption in the state capitol, and the governor doesn't have to look to far to see some of the worst examples.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lol turbo, after living this long in the US is news like this really a surprise anymore?

An expected fall back from the statement?

I don't know what's going to happen, though LePage has no record of correcting rude, insensitive statements, other to make a half-hearted "explanation" like "I could have chosen my words better". When he turned down NAAPCs requests to celebrate MLK day, he said "If they don't like it, they can kiss my butt."

LePage must be a contortionist - he has to get his head out of his rear before he can get his foot out of his mouth.

[edit]Oy, sorry guys, I was debating the Zimmerman verdict on another forum while also composing a response to this thread. Sorry for the copy-paste mix-up. Here's the proper post:

One of the few things I sympathize with politicians over is the need to always be "on", even in off-the-record, casual conversations, such as the one referenced here apparently was. If said in a public forum, from a podium, it would be pretty inappropriate, but that's really about it: it is just an exaggeration of a widely held and easily supported belief about Obama's racial bias. We've heard much worse, on the record, from many politicians.

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
but that's really about it: it is just an exaggeration of a widely held and easily supported belief about Obama's racial bias.
I assume you are referring to the scores of racists that hate Obama because he's black. I didn't want to think racism was so widespread until I saw the flood of racists that jumped to Paula Deen's defense calling for killing black people and such outrageous hatred and calls for violence, and this was just on viewer comments on Yahoo! It was appalling.

Evo you got to realize, the yahoo comment section doesn't exactly have an intelligent nor educated userbase.

WannabeNewton said:
Evo you got to realize, the yahoo comment section doesn't exactly have an intelligent nor educated userbase.
Yeah, but can you imagine what was being said on hate sites if that's what was posted on yahoo? Scary.

Yeah for sure there are some really scary levels of bigotry out there. Thankfully I haven't see any in person yet.

Evo said:
Yeah, but can you imagine what was being said on hate sites if that's what was posted on yahoo? Scary.
Why should we care what idiots say? Are we bound to think like idiots here? I thought we were better than that? And why the coddling of Obama? Don't you remember what it was like when Bush was President? It wasn't that long ago. Last week, CNN showed a scathing editorial of how despicable it was for a rodeo clown to wear an Obama mask:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/opinion/quest-rodeo-clown

Do people not remember Bush being portrayed as a monkey?
https://www.google.com/search?q=bus...xC8aAygHU8ID4DA&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1267&bih=655

I suppose since Bush is white it is ok, since if he was black that would be racist. :rolleyes:

Ok, this thread has taken a rapid downhill turn, posts deleted. Closed.

Last edited:

1. What did the ME governor say about Obama hating white people?

The ME governor, Paul LePage, was recorded saying "Obama hates white people" during a town hall meeting in 2016.

2. Is there any evidence to support this statement?

No, there is no evidence to support this statement. In fact, President Obama has consistently promoted equality and condemned racism throughout his presidency.

3. Has the governor faced any consequences for making this statement?

Yes, the governor faced backlash and criticism for his statement, with many calling it racist and divisive. He later apologized for his words and acknowledged that they were inappropriate.

4. How does this statement reflect on the governor's credibility?

This statement has raised concerns about the governor's credibility and judgment, as it perpetuates baseless and harmful stereotypes about the former president.

5. What impact does this statement have on society and race relations?

This statement can further divide and harm society, as it promotes divisive and untrue beliefs about race and perpetuates prejudice and discrimination. It is important for leaders to use their platform responsibly and promote unity and equality.