1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ME? MET? Both?

1. Dec 30, 2014 #1
    I think I'm kind of geared more towards Mechanical Engineering Technology because of it's practicality, but I also want to make my own designs, which isn't really taught in MET, where you get to do other people's designs.

But for some reason I don't want to do just ME or MET. So I've 2 questions for everybody on this forum:

Is it possible for someone to study MET for 4 years, then begin studying bachelor of ME and finish it earlier than normal(an year or two earlier), because the degrees' courses are somewhat similar?

Or can one get a bachelor's in MET and the study a major in ME, or vice-versa?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2014 #2

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just get your ME and be done with it. Half measures merely increase your chance of failure.

4. Dec 31, 2014 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Agreed. Based on questions we are getting, it seems like colleges are trying to sell people on MET (or EET) degrees for some reason, but it isn't just a different degree, it is a lesser degree: MET is ME lite. So if you can do ME, do ME.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook