Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Meals out

1. Jun 16, 2013 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Do you have a favorite place to eat out? i have found an idyllic place were one has lovely vistas,
    the food is fantastic although a bit pricey, any one who comes to the UK in my neck of the wood i will take there :approve:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2013 #2
    I enjoy Noodles quite a bit. I eat there twice a week.

4. Jun 16, 2013 #3
    There's lots of nice pubs. Was in Sandwich last week and had the best scampi and chips ever, in the pub opposite the market. For fish and chips it's hard to beat the little pub in the historic fishermans area of Hastings. Norfolk is another place I have eaten nice pub grub. Good pubs all over the place and unfortunately,many which are not so good.

5. Jun 16, 2013 #4

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Whereabouts is it? :smile:

6. Jun 16, 2013 #5
    I love pho Vietnamese soup, I try to visit a new joint every 3rd day, there's hundreds in the Northwest

7. Jun 16, 2013 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Ryan,its my secret place so you have come visit before i tell you

8. Jun 16, 2013 #7

Ryan_m_b

Lol well I'm English so for all I know I live right near it :tongue2:

9. Jun 16, 2013 #8

Danger

Gold Member

I can't really eat out any more, except for maybe a burger. Firstly, I very rarely get out of my house. Second, when my stomach expands from eating more than a small portion, it prevents my lungs from moving fully and I can't breathe.
    That having been said, I love The Keg. There are a couple of different locations in Calgary. They have the best filet mignon with stuffed potato that I've ever tasted. Smugglers is also very good.

10. Jun 16, 2013 #9

Evo

There were some great places in upstate NY and outside of Washington DC that I really loved. Beautiful scenery and great food. Of course my all time favorite restaurant was Louie's on the Lake in Clear Lake outside of Houston ages ago, it no longer exists, the food wasn't special, but it was tasty, it was famous for the "all you can eat seafood buffet", for pretty cheap, the restaurant had all glass walls facing the lake, so relaxing, sailboats had a dock there and there was a helio pad for the locals that had their own helicopters. The fried frog's legs were great, although I feel guilty for eating them.

Haven't been to a great restaurant in ages, they don't have any here. I'd say the best here is mediocre.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  11. Jun 16, 2013 #10
    The Wexford Ale House. In Wexford, PA. Great food and a lovely selection of craft brews.

12. Jun 16, 2013 #11
    Have you heard of that new restaurant on the moon, Evo? Great food but no atmosphere?

http://instantrimshot.com/

13. Jun 17, 2013 #12

Evo

14. Jun 17, 2013 #13
    This local place called Hi-Ho Mongolian Grill. You're given a bowl, and you fill it up with various types of food. I do corn, broccoli, chicken, beef, some other meat that I can't remember, shrimp, and some imitation crab meat (essentially an assortment of fish), and then I pile it high with some noodles and add some amazing sauce to it.

I could eat that stuff for every meal.

15. Jun 17, 2013 #14
    Too complicated...

16. Jun 17, 2013 #15

drizzle

Gold Member

Any place that serves fish and ships the English way would make my day. That said, I haven't had one since I left England :(

17. Jun 17, 2013 #16
    We get our food in less than 10 minutes each time: You just go up, put together your food, stand around for about three minutes while the chefs cook your food on a giant stove, and you're good to go.

18. Jun 17, 2013 #17
    It was a joke, Freeze, I'm a Benihana's junkie (on those rare occasions I can afford it).

19. Jun 17, 2013 #18
    :tongue: Fair enough. I was assuming you weren't joking because, at most restaurants, it's as simple as just pointing at an item on the menu and then waiting for the food to arrive; having to go up and individually select everything is a tad bit more involved.

20. Jun 17, 2013 #19
    I typically pick steak, shrimp, mushrooms, some bean sprouts, plum sauce, and some others I can't remember.

21. Jun 17, 2013 #20
    They serve ships in England?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook