Meaning of icons on the LHS of this page

• Thread starter grzz
  • Start date
In summary, the icons on the left-hand side of this page represent different functions or features of the website and can be used by clicking on them. They are often used as visual aids to enhance the user experience and may vary from website to website. While some websites may allow customization of the icons, others may not have this option.
grzz
Can someone help me find a list of the icons on the LHS of this page together with their meanings?
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
i mean the icons which appearon the LHS with the list of threads.

grzz said:
Can someone help me find a list of the icons on the LHS of this page together with their meanings?
Thanks.
I presume you mean these icons?
Borek said:
icon_legend.png

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

I am happy to assist you in understanding the icons on the LHS of this page. The icons on the left-hand side of a webpage are typically referred to as the navigation or menu icons. They serve as a visual guide for users to easily access different sections or features of the webpage.

Some common icons you may see on the LHS of a webpage include a home icon, which typically takes you back to the homepage of the website, a search icon, which allows you to search for specific content on the webpage, and a menu or hamburger icon, which expands to show a list of options or categories on the website.

Other icons may include a shopping cart icon for e-commerce websites, a chat or messaging icon for customer support, and social media icons for sharing or following the webpage on different platforms.

If you need a specific list of icons and their meanings for this particular webpage, I suggest looking for a user guide or contacting the website's customer support for assistance. I hope this helps clarify the meaning of the icons on the LHS of this page for you.

1. What do the icons on the left-hand side of this page mean?

The icons on the left-hand side of this page represent different functions or features of the website. They are designed to make navigating and using the website easier and more efficient.

2. How can I use the icons on the left-hand side of this page?

You can use the icons on the left-hand side of the page by clicking on them. Each icon has a specific function, such as navigating to a different page, accessing a menu, or performing a certain action.

3. Why are there icons on the left-hand side of this page instead of text links?

Icons are often used as visual aids to enhance the user experience. They are typically more visually appealing and can be easier to recognize and understand than text links.

4. Can I customize the icons on the left-hand side of this page?

It depends on the website and its settings. Some websites may allow you to customize the icons by rearranging them or choosing different ones, while others may not have this option.

5. Are the icons on the left-hand side of this page universal across all websites?

No, the icons on the left-hand side of this page may vary from website to website. While some icons may have a standard meaning, others may be specific to a certain website or industry.