Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Measure in grover's alg and shift phase

1. Apr 6, 2005 #1
    hi , i am new here so at first i want to say hello to all of You.
    as title says i have two questions about qrover's algorithm, first one is more general i guess:
    1. in the most of articles i have read about this algorithm the measure wasn't well explained,problem is that authors wrote "now we measure first n qubits"
    when we are using n+1 ( one is as control qubit in oracles transformation)
    my question is.. how we can measure only n qubits? what about that control qubit? i know it is not important one but i guess we cant just throw it out...
    2. i am not sure if i well understand the shift phase , i mean the step when our solution qubit |x> changes its state to -|x>
    is all about that in the oracle transformation? when we got gubit register |z> ( made from state |00..0> by H x H ... x H gates) and single qubit in state |1> and then we apply the H gate on it? and on that n+1 qubits we apply simple black box and in result : (-1)^f(z)|z>*[(|0>-|1>)/sqrt(2)] ( where f(x)=1 for solution and 0 for others)
    is is all about changing the phase on solution qubit?
    i hope my text is readable enough ; ) ( maybe little chaotic)
    looking forward for replays.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted