1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mechalical or electrical engineering?

1. Mar 29, 2005 #1
    which type of engineering, mechanical or electrical is the most difficult?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2005 #2

Gold Member

out from those two.. id have to say mechanical..

statics and dynamics are bummers.. and thermo is relatively time consuming

EE is mostly same concepts applied to different things
  4. Mar 30, 2005 #3
    which do you think will pay more money in the future? I know that i'm going to major in one of the above fields but i'm still undecided. Robotics seems exciting but so does desigining a new type of engine.
  5. Mar 30, 2005 #4

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Potential for earning money is an extremely bad way of deciding which field you wanna get into. There's definitely potential for some relatively high earnings in both fields, but you should never let money guide a career choice.

Both robotics and engine design involve a good deal of mechanical and electrical engineering...
  6. Mar 30, 2005 #5
    Money is definately not my only consideration.
  7. Mar 30, 2005 #6
    I would go with ME. Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest engineering discplines so you'll be able to work on a lot of different things. EEs are weird and work on stuff that doesn't apply to anything except electronics. Do no go to the dark side! :)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?