Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mechanical Engineer Interview for College Assignment

1. Oct 8, 2011 #1
    I'm a freshman in college pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering. I have an English assignment that requires me to interview a mechanical engineer for research over my desired career. I was hoping I could find someone here to interview. I would really appreciate it if someone would answer these questions:

What is your name?

What is your job title?

If you had to provide a job description for your job what would it be?

How long have you been in this field? In this job?

Are your duties what you expected when you where in school/college? If not, what did you expect and how your duties differ from those expectations?

What is the salary range for a position like yours (or your type of job)? What is the starting salary?

What advice would you give someone who is interested in pursuing this profession?

What is the most surprising thing about your job (i.e., things that most people wouldn't think of if they had to define this profession)?

How many hours a week do people in this profession work? Do you take your work home?

What is the most exciting aspect of your job (the one thing you love most)? What is the most boring/tedious?

If someone could answer as many of these as possible it would be great. Also, if you would rather do it through private message that's fine just please let me know. Thank you, sorry if it's too much.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted