1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mechanical Engineer

1. Dec 23, 2013 #1
    I am thinking about being a mechanical engineer but there are a few things I wanted to take into account before I picked this field.

First, the amount of available jobs is important.

Second, salary. I'm not a money crazed person but I plan on raising a family. I want to be able to pay off all of my debt as fast as I can and never be in debt ever again. I want to be able to pay for my kids' college if I ever end up having any. I want to have a lot of financial security.

Third, I want to go into the aerospace industry. What jobs would be available for me in this industry with a degree in mechanical engineering?

Fourth, would it be smart to get a masters degree in aerospace engineering? Would it effect job openings and salary?

Thank you guys for your time. I really appreciate it.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2013 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

This post is a more detailed version of your previous post, and probably more relevant here. Generally double posting is frowned upon.

4. Dec 23, 2013 #3
    Sorry I am new here and I couldn't find my original post and thought that it wasn't posted but I got it all figured out now. Sorry again.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook