1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Mechanical Engineering

1. Apr 20, 2009 #1
    Hey all...

I've got a good friend of mine who's graduating this May from University of Alaska Fairbanks with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He's also getting married this July and moving to Indiana (around Warsaw) to be with his wife while she finishes up a degree.

My question is this... for someone like that, what would be good career options? Any idea of where he could work? Or maybe someone that would hire a fresh college graduate to get experience in his field?

At this point, he's getting ready to settle for a janitorial job somewhere and honestly, I think staying in his field would be a better idea.

Thanks so much for your input!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2009 #2
    Construction Managent, a M\E\P engineering firm, etc.

4. Apr 29, 2009 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

There are a vas number of options for an ME, it is a very broad engineering field. He can try browsing Monster.com to see what is out there. I can't imagine why someone would give up on a job hunt before even trying it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook