Mechanical Engineering

• Thread starter scytherz
  • Start date
Hi!! I'm currently a 2nd Year Civil engineering student, and I wrote this topic for I am seeking a professional advice, actually I have doubts whether should I stay in my current course or to shift in mechanical engineering, and lately I find my course a bit boring and uninteresting (is Mechanical Engineering an interesting course?) and some say Mechanical engineering has more employment prospects than Civil engineering(Is this true?) and does Mechanical Engineering subjects are interesting? what works/jobs that are waiting for mechanical engineer after he graduates, and perhaps which of those two has more travel opportunity, and (this may be rude) the average salary of a mechanical engineer?

Answers and Replies

I study mechanical engineering and it's meh ... but that's just university engineering. We do occasionally get to do some interesting projects where at the end something is actually constructed, and (hopefully) works. But at university they just seem far more interested in getting you to memorise tonnes of equations than getting you to design and build things.

i have some problem in structural engineering too.. can you guide me?

Danger
Gold Member
If I may (well, even if I may not :biggrin:), I'm going to express an opinion as a non-educated person. It has always appeared to me that mechanical is the basis for most engineering other than electrical or chemical. Career-wise, though, I believe that it largely depends upon where you live. In a lot of crowded areas, such as parts of Asia, civil might be better because the infrastructure must continuously be upgraded. A coastal location might be more amenable to marine architects. The bottom line, though, is to experiment with stuff until you find something that feels right to you and you enjoy doing.
Who knows, pal... you might end up wanting to be a pharmacist instead. You have to do what's right for you.

Hell yeah!!! Thanks for the advices!! Yes right now I am having a extensive research on the field of mechanical engineering, the things they usually do, etc.... @ Danger, yes you make sense...

Just a follow up question, I wanna know the PROS and CONS of being a mechanical engineer or taking up Mechanical engineering..

Danger
Gold Member
Just a follow up question, I wanna know the PROS and CONS of being a mechanical engineer or taking up Mechanical engineering..

That's way out of my league; as mentioned previously, I never graduated High School. Someone in the field will have to answer. You do, however, have my hopes for success and happiness in whatever you decide upon.

hi! goodday! im new here at physicsforum. im computer engineerng student,and i would like to ask if there someone knows about the rpm and the power of nissan wiper motor.kindly if theres someone knew about it please help me. thanks!