Mechanical press - energy of flywheel

In summary, the mechanical power press constructors give you the diagram of permitted work depending on the number of slide single strokes per minute, as well as the diagram of eccentric loads on the slide.
abelli
Goodmorning,
I know that the mechanical power press constructors give:
1) the diagram of permitted work depending on used number
of slide single stroke per minute;
2) the diagram of eccentric loads on the slide (ellipsis graph).

But I don't know how they can do these ones.
For question 1. I presume that the iter calculation is:
- energy for forming: E0=rated Force x rated distance to BDC
- energy for deformation press: E1=F^2/2xRigidity press
- energy losses: E2= ...? (x% of E0 ?)
Total energy: Et=E0+E1+E2 this is the energy in continuous operation
(permitted work on automatic strokes).

Now, for the press flywheel, assuming a slowdown of 20% during
continous stroking, the energy stored in the flywheel is:
Ev=Et/(1-0.8^2)
So the inertial moment of flywheel is: J=Ev/iω^2
where i: grade of non-uniformity, ω: average speed flywheel in rad/s

Now the questions are:
a) first of all: how can I calculate the drive motor power (kW) ?
b) above all: how can I calculate permitted work on single strokes ??
(I've read somewhere the energy in single strokes is about twice-2- of continuous operation: why? I don't think 2 is a magic number...)

2) In the end how can I drawing diagram of eccentric loads ?

I really thank everyone help me.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thank you for your questions! To answer your question about calculating the drive motor power, you can use the following equation: Power (kW) = torque (Nm) x angular speed (rad/s) / 9550. To calculate the permitted work on single strokes, you will need to consider the energy used for forming and deforming in each stroke. The energy used for forming is equal to the rated force multiplied by the rated distance to BDC. The energy used for deforming is equal to the square of the force divided by two times the rigidity press. Then, you need to account for any energy losses during the process. You can then calculate the total energy used per stroke by adding up all of these components.To draw a diagram of eccentric loads, you will need to calculate the mass of the slide and the eccentricity of the forces. The mass of the slide can be calculated using the following equation: Mass (kg) = Force (N) x Distance (m) / Acceleration (m/s^2). The eccentricity can then be calculated by dividing the eccentric force by the resultant force. Once you have calculated the mass and eccentricity, you can plot them on a graph to get the diagram of eccentric loads.I hope this helps!

1. What is a mechanical press?

A mechanical press is a machine that uses a mechanical force to shape or cut materials. It works by applying pressure through a punch and die system, with the help of a flywheel.

2. What is the energy of a flywheel in a mechanical press?

The energy of a flywheel in a mechanical press is the kinetic energy stored in the flywheel as it rotates. This energy is used to power the press and provide the necessary force for shaping or cutting materials.

3. How does the flywheel work in a mechanical press?

The flywheel in a mechanical press works by storing energy when it is rotated by an external source, such as a motor. This energy is then released and transferred to the press through a system of gears, providing the necessary force for the press to operate.

4. What is the role of the flywheel in a mechanical press?

The flywheel plays a crucial role in a mechanical press by providing the necessary energy to power the press. It also helps to maintain a consistent speed and pressure, resulting in more precise and efficient shaping or cutting of materials.

5. How does the size of the flywheel affect the performance of a mechanical press?

The size of the flywheel can affect the performance of a mechanical press in several ways. A larger flywheel can store more energy, resulting in more force and power for the press. It can also help to maintain a consistent speed and reduce vibrations, resulting in more accurate and efficient shaping or cutting of materials.