Mechanical prototyping options

• Thread starter billblack
  • Start date
I have been looking for quite some time for a source of high quality prototyping parts that I can use to quickly make small to medium sized physical models without having to resort to making one-off parts which eat up time and materials. I think I have found the source here: http://www.servocity.com/html/actobotics.html.
Quality looks good, prices look good, and they make a wide variety of interesting interconnection structures.
Are there any similar products that are available for making reusable, robust structures that are currently in production?

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Looks like an adult version of an Erector Set! :smile:

Yes it does!
I went ahead and ordered a fair selection of it, so I shall report how it works.
Some manufacturer in Germany or Sweden used to sell a prototyping kit that was packaged in a cabinet. I used one a long time back at an employer far, far, away but for the life of me I cannot remember the manufacturer.
I just need a faster way to prototype mechanisms. I am, at best, a very slow machinist.

I have been looking for quite some time for a source of high quality prototyping parts that I can use to quickly make small to medium sized physical models without having to resort to making one-off parts which eat up time and materials. I think I have found the source here: http://www.servocity.com/html/actobotics.html.
Quality looks good, prices look good, and they make a wide variety of interesting interconnection structures.
Are there any similar products that are available for making reusable, robust structures that are currently in production?

A came across a really unique kit at an engineering tradeshow recently that I have been looking at getting. www.gridlinksinc.com

I found it to kind of a cross between erector-set and t-slotted aluminum but it was made from a durable plastic.