1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Mechanical waves Homework

1. Sep 8, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone I couldn't figure it out a simple way to solve 15. 11 C . Please help ! Very appreciated!!!
    IMG_1473379604.604801.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2016 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

What have you tried?

4. Sep 9, 2016 #3
    Thank you so much for your attention ,Actually I do not have a clue how o do it . My instructor said the way to solve it is very complicated. So can you give me a hint or tell how to do that .Thank you again .

5. Sep 9, 2016 #4

olivermsun

Science Advisor

Suppose you are looking at a wave traveling past you. What does wave speed mean, in relation to what you are seeing?

Now how does the figure relate to the wave speed?

6. Sep 9, 2016 #5

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I don't think it is complicated so much as requires that you understand the physics somewhat.
    ie. how would you normally be able to find out the speed of something - say, a car?

7. Sep 11, 2016 #6
    The distance / time = velocity . But I do not jab the time here .

8. Sep 11, 2016 #7

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Thread locked. @Simon Bridge -- please PM the OP and explain the PF Homework Help rules.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook