Mechanism to lever a heater down to seal a small package of aluminium to plastic

• Thread starter Shees
  • Start date
Hi i need a mechanism to lower the heater to certain height then it will automatically go up. It could be auto or manual hand mechanism. In short i need a mechanism which is installed in drill press table machine to lower drill bit. But in my scenario it is heater to seal small packaging of aluminium to plastic. Thanks in advance

Answers and Replies

Welcome, shees :cool:

Is that heating element fixed or rotating around the vertical axis?
How long should the heater remain in lowest position?
Any force should be applied?
Should you be able to regulate the vertical gap between table and heater (variable thickness of material to be fused)?

Likes Shees
berkeman
Mentor
Hi i need a mechanism to lower the heater to certain height then it will automatically go up. It could be auto or manual hand mechanism. In short i need a mechanism which is installed in drill press table machine to lower drill bit. But in my scenario it is heater to seal small packaging of aluminium to plastic. Thanks in advance
You can buy drill press stands without the drill -- could you base your heater press on one of these?

https://www.k-bid.com/auction/5318/item/264

1597755547399.png

Likes Shees
Welcome, shees :cool:

Is that heating element fixed or rotating around the vertical axis?
How long should the heater remain in lowest position?
Any force should be applied?
Should you be able to regulate the vertical gap between table and heater (variable thickness of material to be fused)?
Hi Sir, Thanks for response.
Yes time will be variable depend upon at which material is being used. Heating element will be fixed at top side which will move up and down towards table. There will be minimum force apply to cut aluminium sheet and paste it on plastic cup. My main problem is which mechanism to use for lifting and lowering the whole mechanism.

Likes berkeman and Shees
Thanks for link. I think this one will work http://507movements.com/mm_140.html
That one creates almost infinite force at the end of the stroke; you may not need that much, saving some of the trajectory of the lever by using less mechanical advantage.
You are welcome :smile: