1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Imaging Physics Books

1. Aug 27, 2009 #1
    Hoping to go into Medical Imaging in grad school. I have a coupleish years left of my undergrad in physics. My school doesn't offer any medical imaging classes was wondering if anyone teaches or has taken a course and could recommend a text for a little self study.
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 27, 2009 #2
    These are two that I've used

Essential Physics of Medical Imaging by Bushberg et al (ISBN 0683301187)
    Physics of Radiology by Wolbarst (ISBN 1930524226)

4. Aug 27, 2009 #3
    I took a medical physics course last year that contained a large amount of medical imaging material. We used an IAEA pdf (free) to supplement the professors course notes. Try to find the websites for some courses from other schools, most are not password protected and you can find slides which may make it easier to do self-directed study.

The IAEA publication is called "Radiation Oncology Physics: A Handbook for Teachers and Students" can be downloaded at: http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/Pub1196_web.pdf

Hope that helps.

5. Aug 27, 2009 #4

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I second Bushberg et al. It's a very good book.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook