Medical Physics

• Thread starter njblaha
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am very interested in becoming a medical physicist but I have no idea where to look for information.I have Google and Ask Jeeves but most of the hits have nothing to do with it.

If anybody knows where I can look for information on medical physics I would appreciate you sharing.Thanks.

Answers and Replies

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
njblaha said:
I am very interested in becoming a medical physicist but I have no idea where to look for information.I have Google and Ask Jeeves but most of the hits have nothing to do with it.

If anybody knows where I can look for information on medical physics I would appreciate you sharing.Thanks.

http://physicsweb.org/article/world/16/8/1

Zz.

Thank you.

Anything else?

*raises hand*

Hi there! I'm a medical physicist. Very happy to see someone interested in this little known field.

To be honest, getting into the profession depends very much on the country you live in. I am personally from the UK, and getting into the career here is fairly tough. I think the AAPM govern training in the US. A great place to chat with students in the US who have already begun their training is www.aapmstudents.com[/URL]. I'm sure they can answer specific questions about how to get into medical physics in the US.

For now, though, if you have any questions at all about the field, I would be happy to answer.

Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan, what was the name of the thread you started on this topic? Remember it? cause it is a good reference point.....!

Mr. Robin Parsons said:
Jonathan, what was the name of the thread you started on this topic? Remember it? cause it is a good reference point.....!

I think it was called "medical physics", but I can't seem to find it by searching. Hmm...

Thank you.I didn't know there were any medical physicists here.

That's a good thread to read.Thank you for finding it.

Your welcome, Thank jono for starting it, me too, cause I agree it is/was a good thread!

:cool:

No problem :)