Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Physics

1. Apr 7, 2004 #1
    I am very interested in becoming a medical physicist but I have no idea where to look for information.I have Google and Ask Jeeves but most of the hits have nothing to do with it.

If anybody knows where I can look for information on medical physics I would appreciate you sharing.Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

4. Apr 7, 2004 #3
    Thank you.

Anything else?
  5. Apr 8, 2004 #4
    *raises hand*

Hi there! I'm a medical physicist. Very happy to see someone interested in this little known field.

To be honest, getting into the profession depends very much on the country you live in. I am personally from the UK, and getting into the career here is fairly tough. I think the AAPM govern training in the US. A great place to chat with students in the US who have already begun their training is www.aapmstudents.com. I'm sure they can answer specific questions about how to get into medical physics in the US.

For now, though, if you have any questions at all about the field, I would be happy to answer.

6. Apr 8, 2004 #5
    Jonathan, what was the name of the thread you started on this topic? Remember it? cause it is a good reference point.....!
  7. Apr 8, 2004 #6

I think it was called "medical physics", but I can't seem to find it by searching. Hmm...
  8. Apr 8, 2004 #7
    Thank you.I didn't know there were any medical physicists here.
  9. Apr 8, 2004 #8
    Found it!.....link *HERE*
  10. Apr 9, 2004 #9
    That's a good thread to read.Thank you for finding it.
  11. Apr 9, 2004 #10
    Your welcome, Thank jono for starting it, me too, cause I agree it is/was a good thread!

12. Apr 12, 2004 #11
    No problem :)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?