Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Physics

1. Apr 7, 2004 #1
    I am very interested in becoming a medical physicist but I have no idea where to look for information.I have Google and Ask Jeeves but most of the hits have nothing to do with it.

If anybody knows where I can look for information on medical physics I would appreciate you sharing.Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2004 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

http://physicsweb.org/article/world/16/8/1

Zz.

4. Apr 7, 2004 #3
    Thank you.

Anything else?

5. Apr 8, 2004 #4
    *raises hand*

Hi there! I'm a medical physicist. Very happy to see someone interested in this little known field.

To be honest, getting into the profession depends very much on the country you live in. I am personally from the UK, and getting into the career here is fairly tough. I think the AAPM govern training in the US. A great place to chat with students in the US who have already begun their training is www.aapmstudents.com[/URL]. I'm sure they can answer specific questions about how to get into medical physics in the US.

For now, though, if you have any questions at all about the field, I would be happy to answer.

Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  6. Apr 8, 2004 #5
    Jonathan, what was the name of the thread you started on this topic? Remember it? cause it is a good reference point.....!

7. Apr 8, 2004 #6

I think it was called "medical physics", but I can't seem to find it by searching. Hmm...

8. Apr 8, 2004 #7
    Thank you.I didn't know there were any medical physicists here.

9. Apr 8, 2004 #8
    Found it!.....link *HERE*

10. Apr 9, 2004 #9
    That's a good thread to read.Thank you for finding it.

11. Apr 9, 2004 #10
    Your welcome, Thank jono for starting it, me too, cause I agree it is/was a good thread!

:cool:

12. Apr 12, 2004 #11
    No problem :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook