Medicine made from Indian Snakeroot?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Dooga Blackrazor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Medicine
In summary, the conversation discussed a bonus assignment for Environmental Science, which involved a chart with information on medicine and plant sources. The individual was able to complete 8 out of 10 details, but struggled with finding information on Indian Snakeroot as a medicine. They decided to move on to other work and posted in a forum for help. The conversation also mentioned an upcoming online course and a new place for biology homework questions.
Dooga Blackrazor
I was working on a bonus assignment for Environmental Science, and we had a chart:

Medicine/Plant Source/Use

We were given one detail. For 8 of the 10 it was medicine. The only one I could not complete was a plant source - Indian Snakeroot. I found information on Indian Snakeroot as a herbal remedy but not as a medicine. I spent quite a while finding the answers and decided it was time to move on to other work. The homework isn't to due with physics so I thought I would post it here, and it is technically not mandatory thus not homework.

Anyway, I will have an hour long online course I can search for the answer, and someone else in my class might have it; however, if you can give me the answer or a hint that would be great.

Don't waste your time searching for me or anything. I just stopped working because I wanted to work on some of my online physics course and an english thing. Spending to much time writing this post. Seeya.

Biology news on Phys.org
here is an article on indian snakeroot from phytomedical technologies.

1. What is Indian Snakeroot?

Indian Snakeroot, also known as Rauvolfia serpentina, is a perennial plant that is native to the Indian subcontinent. It has a long history of use in traditional medicine for various ailments, and it is known for its calming and sedative effects.

2. How is medicine made from Indian Snakeroot?

The roots of the Indian Snakeroot plant are harvested and dried, then ground into a fine powder. This powder is then processed and extracted to obtain the active compounds, such as reserpine, which are used in medicine. The extracted compounds are then formulated into various medications, such as tablets or capsules.

3. What is medicine made from Indian Snakeroot used for?

Medicine made from Indian Snakeroot is primarily used to treat high blood pressure, as it contains compounds that help relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure. It is also used to treat other conditions such as anxiety, insomnia, and mental disorders.

4. Are there any side effects of using medicine made from Indian Snakeroot?

Like any medication, there can be potential side effects when using medicine made from Indian Snakeroot. These may include dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, and constipation. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before taking any medication.

5. Is medicine made from Indian Snakeroot safe to use?

Medicine made from Indian Snakeroot has been used for centuries in traditional medicine and is generally considered safe when used as directed. However, it may interact with certain medications or have adverse effects on certain health conditions. It is essential to consult with a healthcare professional before using this medication.