Medo the baby bear

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
He's so cute right now, but what happens when he grows up?

babybearmedo.jpg

babybearmedooncouch.jpg

babybearmedocute.jpg

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/photos/family-adopts-cub-1306952534-slideshow/#

Answers and Replies

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
He's so cute right now, but what happens when he grows up?

Excellent question...makes me think of Knut :cry:.

actually i don't find him cute at all! looks creepy and kinda stuffed

actually i don't find him cute at all! looks creepy and kinda stuffed

creep and stuffed looking to some is a shredded and demolished home to others with no friends coming over any more to visit. :tongue2:

turbo
Gold Member
He is cute (to me!) and bears can be good friends. I had an old friend when I was a kid who befriended a bear. He was an elderly alcoholic from a rather well-to-do family who chose to spend most of his time in a rustic camp out in the woods. I got to visit him a few times out there (once with my father, and once with him and his GF, that I remember, though it was long ago) and I was very disappointed once when the bear didn't show up, and thrilled when the bear came for a visit.

There is a guy locally who operates a large animal rescue, taking in exotics that have been abandoned, and native wildlife that has been orphaned or injured. Bob LOVES his bears, and they love him. When we drop in, I always make sure to bring peanut M&Ms - the favorite bear-treat by far. Bob always saves a pocket-ful, puts them between his lips and lets the bears "kiss" him for the M&Ms.

bobandbear.jpg

bobandbear.jpg
[/QUOTE]

sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you

turbo
Gold Member
Bob is loud and blustery with his black bears, and they behave better than most dogs, waiting their turns for treats, and putting on a great show (especially for kids who have never seen these big critters!). He has a couple of big guys, like this one, and a small female. Her growth was stunted as a cub because her owner was exploiting a law that restricts the maximum weight of a predator that can be photographed with fair-goers, etc. People should not be photographed holding bears, large cats, etc for this reason. When Bob rescued her, she was practically starved, and still hasn't achieved a normal black-bear weight even after years of loving care, dietary supplements, etc. She is small, shy, and pretty sweet.

Evo
Mentor
Excellent question...makes me think of Knut :cry:.
Knut! :cry: