Get to Know Our Members: A Monthly Newsletter Feature

• Thread starter Zargawee
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses the absence of "Meet a member" in the monthly newsletter and expresses hope for its return. The concept of "Meet a member" is explained as an interview with a member, and there is a humorous exchange about the phrase "do her." The conversation ends with a comment about missing the interviews and finding them encouraging.
Zargawee
Hello,
I just wonder why "Meet a member" is not anymore in the monthly newsletter ?
I liked it , and I hope it get back :D

Physics news on Phys.org
Actually right after I sent the latest one I though of it. Meet a member will return next week in the newest issue. :smile:

What is meet a member?? i don't remember seeing that in any newsletters...

hmm... interesting...

well, I'm 5'5, i live in new hampshire and my favorite color is green... I'm also really good at being interviewed...

yeah Greg do her!
I meant interview her. geez get your mind out of the gutter people

LoL .

I also wonder , how those poeple get chosen to be met ?

Originally posted by tribdog
yeah Greg do her!
I meant interview her. geez get your mind out of the gutter people

ROTFLMBO!

Anyway (still wiping tears from my eyes ), I kinda miss the interviews myself. Seeing how some of the people, that I had corresponded with daily, were really serious scientists (or students) was rather encouraging for me.

1. What is the purpose of the "Get to Know Our Members" newsletter feature?

The purpose of this newsletter feature is to highlight and showcase members of our scientific community. It allows us to learn more about each other, build connections, and foster collaboration.

2. How often is the "Get to Know Our Members" newsletter feature published?

This newsletter feature is published once a month, typically at the beginning of the month.

3. Who can be featured in the "Get to Know Our Members" newsletter?

Any member of our scientific community can be featured in this newsletter. This includes scientists, researchers, students, and anyone else who contributes to our community.

4. How are members selected to be featured in the "Get to Know Our Members" newsletter?

Members are selected based on their contributions to our community, their unique experiences and perspectives, and their willingness to share their story with others.

5. Can I nominate someone to be featured in the "Get to Know Our Members" newsletter?

Absolutely! We encourage members to nominate themselves or others to be featured in this newsletter. This allows us to showcase a diverse range of individuals and their contributions to our community.