Meeting a fling again after many years

• Thread starter Kajahtava
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary, the person had a few short flings with different people during the time they still spoke to the other person. They say that one in particular was really good and that they would love to see her again. However, she is probably too busy with school and getting her career started.
Kajahtava
Yeah, that was quite interesting, especially since we both managed to remember all the little details we told each other, none of us really knows why we ever lost touch as the contact was never bad, she just got too busy with school of some sorts.

Any similar experiences? Seems like a healthy thing to me.

Physics news on Phys.org
How do you meet an irregular verb?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fling

A fling is basically either a really short relationship that quickly turns into friendship (this case), a short relationship that quickly turns into disinterest or a person with whom such a relationship was shared.

Sounds nice. No, it's never happened to me, but I've heard stories of old people who hook up with their high school sweeties. They say they just start up where they left off, like the 50+ years between then and now never happened.

So do you have plans to start seeing each other regularly now?

lisab said:
Sounds nice. No, it's never happened to me, but I've heard stories of old people who hook up with their high school sweeties. they just start up where they left off, like the 50+ years between then and now never happened.
Yeah, there is some Dutch show about that, meeting your first love again, some get back together interestingly. They say

So do you have plans to start seeing each other regularly now?
Most likely, nothing romantic though.

To be honest, she to some extend made me see the absurdity of a lot of relationships, you need to have 'nothing' to talk about for a relationship and not know each other. She had some boyfriends during the times I still spoke to her but she said she loved me more than they and surely that I knew her better and that she also came to realize that she had little to talk about with them which you can then easily fill up with 'I love you' all the time...

I have had a couple flings. There is one in particular that I would love to see again. She is probably much too busy with school and getting her career started though.

1. Where should we meet after so many years?

The answer to this question really depends on your personal preferences and the nature of your relationship with your fling. You could meet at a neutral location such as a coffee shop or restaurant, or you could choose a place that holds special meaning for the both of you.

2. How should I prepare for the meeting?

It's important to take some time to reflect on your feelings and expectations before the meeting. Consider what you want to get out of the reunion and how you want to present yourself. It may also be helpful to plan some conversation topics or activities to break the ice.

3. What if we don't have anything to talk about?

This is a common concern, but remember that you have a shared history with this person. Start by catching up on what has happened in each other's lives since you last saw each other. You can also reminisce about old memories or find common interests to talk about.

4. Is it okay to have physical intimacy with my fling again?

This is a personal decision that should be made between you and your fling. It's important to communicate openly and honestly about your boundaries and expectations. Remember to always prioritize consent and respect each other's boundaries.

5. How can I manage my emotions during and after the meeting?

Reconnecting with a fling after many years can bring up a lot of emotions. It's important to acknowledge and accept these feelings, but also try to keep a level head. Remember that this is just a meeting and not a guarantee of anything more. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to reach out for support if needed.