Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Meeting Micheal Shermer

1. Oct 16, 2008 #1
    Two weeks ago i had the honor of attending the 3rd annual Beyond Belief Lectures hosted by the Salk at UCSD. I just wanted to say how amazing it was to hear and meet many of my personal heroes. It was great, during the lunch break Micheal Shermer sat down at the same table as me and i got a chance to talk with him. Also i got to chat with sam harris Lawrence Krauss !!!!!!!!!! :)

Human Flourishing/Eudaimonics
    with A.C. Grayling, Sonja Lyubomirsky, Owen Flanagan, Güven Güzeldere, & George Koob

This is Your Brain on Politics
    with Naomi Oreskes, Chis Mooney/Sheril Kirshenbaum, & Tony Haymet

Human Flourishing, continued
    with Peter Turchin, Sally Satel, & V.S. Ramachandran

This is Your Brain on Morality
    with Jonathan Haidt, Sam Harris, Jonathan Glover, Marco Iacoboni, & Patricia Churchland

This is Your Brain on Money
    with Brian Knutson, Paul Zak, Michael Shermer, Philip Zimbardo, & Terrence Sejnowski

This is Your Brain on Law
    with Walter Sinnott-Armstrong, Erin O'Hara, Amanda Pustilnik, Adam Kolber, & Nita Farahany

This is Your Brain on Politics, continued
    with Lawrence Krauss, Sir Harold Kroto, Sheril Kirshenbaum/Chris Mooney,
    Leon Lederman & Beatrice Golomb

you can watch these lectures at http://thesciencenetwork.org/programs/beyond-belief-candles-in-the-dark

Has anyone else here ever had a chance to meet any of there personal heroes?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2008 #2
    Most of mine are dead... :(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?