Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Meeting of the Families at Genco Olive Oil Co.

1. Mar 18, 2005 #1
    In good faith, I've asked the heads of all the families to come here. We have the Moonbear family out of the Westside, the Tribdog Family from out west, the dextercioby family from across the sea, the PolyB family, the mattmns family from the Eastside, and all the other heads of all the other local families. As always the Evo family will be our moderator. So I ask you all to abide by her decisions, or else.

We need to come to a solution to this problem, this thread that has consumed us for so long: this thread killer champions thread.

I consider myself a reasonable man, I know we are all reasonable people here, but how can we be reasonable with a thread that doesn't know when it is dead? We all run our businesses like respectable business people. We do what we need to do, but this thread, this thread don't do that. This thread just goes on and on when this thread needs to die. Excuse my bluntness, but we are are all speaking freely here. And I know that no one will say anything to anyone about what is said here, or else.

I've called on the services of an associate of mine, Luca, to make this thread an offer it can't refuse.

Soon that thread will no longer be a problem.

Thank you all for coming today. By the way, it may be a good idea to stay clear of that thread. Bombs don't hit targets too good.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*Spoken in best Joisey accent*

Now see here, the Moonbear family takes care of its own. We don't want no interference from dese other families, capiche? We got dis place out in da Pine Barrens we're developing, an' if da thread jus' happens to fall in the cement mixer when we're pourin' the foundation, nobody sees nuttin', capiche?

4. Mar 18, 2005 #3
    We can negotiate the disposal of the thread, but like I said, the thread is history. Badabing, badaboom. Get it?

5. Mar 18, 2005 #4
    <figure crosses the room and whispers in Artman's ear.>

Our first package has been delivered. Just a little warning. We wouldn't want any little children hanging around the thread. Dat kinda thing could be bad for business.

6. Mar 18, 2005 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Artman, have I ever told you I love you? (well, in a friendly, platonic way that your wife shouldn't worry about) :tongue:

That thread has been dead for a long time, it is painful to watch as members talk to it, play with it, try to make it "look" alive. :bugeye:

Perhaps I should pick a day and time when the thread will lock and die.

Each of you can pm me with a day and time for the thread to die, I will then randomly, chocolate and without looking, money works too select one of those times. This way each of you has a chance of knowing exactly when the thread will die, you just won't know if your time was selected.

Sound acceptable? Any other ideas?

7. Mar 18, 2005 #6
    Sounds like you want to be my gun-maw (sp) when we hit the thread. Don't you worry your pretty little head about da missus. She don't ask no questions about da business.

(Don't tell her I said that.) :yuck: o:)

8. Mar 23, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, it seems the Artman family took care of business. I can only claim to have wandered in and discovered the thread, already lifeless. It's been properly disposed of in a place nobody will ever find.

(As an aside, we're waiting for confirmation from Chroot, but it seems we may have discovered the maximum number of replies for a thread at PF! :surprised)

Once we've confirmed the thread is truly dead and stays dead (it is Easter week afterall, miracles have been claimed to have happened before...though if the thread manages to resurrect itself, we'll definitely need Ivan's debunking skills), the families are requested to come together for the reading of its will.

Edit:
    Errrr...nevermind. Russ seems to have raised the thread from the dead by a laying on of hands, and then quietly slipped away again. :bugeye:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  9. Mar 23, 2005 #8

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hit Man For Hire!

I am known as an executioner in some circles. Just give me a sign, ANY SIGN and I can absolutely GUARANTEE (for a small fee!) that that thread will DIE!

Any takers?

10. Mar 23, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

See, this seems to be the problem. We're all eager to do it, but none of the families seem to trust each other enough to let anyone but themself take care of it.

11. Mar 23, 2005 #10

Evo

I'll bet Integral can make it look like an accident. :biggrin:

12. Mar 23, 2005 #11

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Who me?? I am trying to figure out all these buttons.. What does this one do..Oh My, not what I was looking for..... How about this one humm... not it either.. I'll keep poking around.

13. Mar 23, 2005 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:cry: Someone locked the thread-killer thread!!! Say it ain't so!!!

Now where am I going to take this BIG box of dark chocolates that I was going to share in that thread? o:) :rolleyes:

14. Mar 23, 2005 #13

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, isn't terrible what irresponsible button clickers will do o:)

15. Mar 23, 2005 #14

Evo

Locked? I don't see a lock, do you see a lock integral?

16. Mar 23, 2005 #15

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lock??? What's locked? The front door is.. my car is... What else could be locked?

17. Mar 23, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, if you've turned it into a mentors only thread, then I guess I'll just have to keep this REALLY BIG box of dark chocolate all to myself. I was thinking of sending it to Evo, knowing how much she enjoys dark chocolate, but since I can't get into the thread, I have no way to deliver it. :rolleyes:

18. Mar 23, 2005 #17
    It seems somebody had an itchy locking button finger. The thread swims with the fishes and it's hard to swim in concrete shoes. :yuck: :devil:

19. Mar 23, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Never underestimate the value of bribery and collusion among the families. The Evo family and the Moonbear family go way back. Perhaps for the right amount of chocolate, the Moonbear family might have a talk with the Evo family on your behalf, maybe we can even arrange a meeting. No weapons, only one of your people can come with you, and bring the chocolate in small, unmarked bars. :wink: :biggrin:

20. Mar 24, 2005 #19
    How about a whole horse's head made of chocolate? My family is good with horse heads.

Guido, Vinni, get on it. Make dis nice lady a horse's head out of chocolate.

21. Mar 24, 2005 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Evo family must have been pleased, they released the thread this morning. :approve: Ahh, chocolate horses' heads, the nostalgia. :tongue2:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?