Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Member List in Polish

1. Oct 28, 2013 #1

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Is the member list still around? I remember I used to get to it from my user page by clicking on my name or something like that, but it doesn't work anymore.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2013 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Oct 28, 2013 #3

Evo

That's not the member list, that's an old outdated list of mentors and SA's & HH's. Outdated as in it doesn't reflect which SAs and HHs are retired.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. Oct 28, 2013 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh yea. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
  6. Oct 28, 2013 #5

Borek

No, it was switched off some time ago.

7. Oct 28, 2013 #6

Borek

I don't see anything outdated on the list, but perhaps I am missing something.

There is some strange bug that makes me show twice, but it has been this way for moths.

While some of the SA & HH listed are long inactive, they were never stripped of their titles.

8. Oct 28, 2013 #7

mfb

2016 Award

The forum generates this list based on user groups, it is always up-to-date.

@Borek: You are listed as administrator and moderator of other sciences at the same time.

9. Oct 28, 2013 #8

Borek

I know, but it doesn't explain why Astro is listed as an Admin only. At some point Greg moved us both from the Mentor list to the Admin list and we were listed only there. Apparently he did some later changes. Perhaps the idea is that there are two people assigned to particular forum moderation, and Engineering has berkeman and Russ (so no need to list a third person), while without me there would be only Ryan in Other Sciences.

10. Oct 28, 2013 #9

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Are you sure you weren't listed twice from the move? IIRC, I looked at the list just after you were promotion and you were listed twice then.

11. Oct 28, 2013 #10

Borek

The way I remember it there were no blues on the Mentors list.

12. Oct 28, 2013 #11

Evo

But you are our chemistry mentor. You are still mentor on top of the additional IT admin duties, so you're wearing two sets of hair. :tongue: In other words, you are being recognized for being both.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  13. Oct 29, 2013 #12

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Perhaps the bug is to lure the moths away from the real you?

14. Oct 29, 2013 #13

Borek

Just in case - some spare n's in case I will miss them in my other posts: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

15. Oct 29, 2013 #14

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder if LCKurtz would have spelled it correctly in Polish. Heck, I wouldn't even be able to pronounce miesiąc. :approve:

16. Oct 29, 2013 #15

Borek

I am not convinced I am able to pronounce month. Up to now I thought I can at least spell it.

17. Oct 29, 2013 #16

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Not only can't I pronounce that, I can't even type it. But enough of that. The billiards hall beckons...

18. Oct 29, 2013 #17

Mark44

I would guess that it's pronounce something like "myess'-yets". It seems not too far from the Russian equivalent - месец

19. Oct 29, 2013 #18

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No help. You got a .wav file maybe?

20. Oct 30, 2013 #19

Borek

Try http://www.ivona.com/pl/ - just copy/paste miesiąc into the edit field (top left) and click PLAY. Choose Jacek, girls are slightly lisping (incorrectly pronouncing the last sound) and Jan doesn't sound natural for me.

21. Oct 30, 2013 #20

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Awesome.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook