Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Member profile page

1. Oct 8, 2011 #1

DaveC426913

Gold Member

How might one hit another member's public profile?

Obviously, just click on their name in any thread they posted. There's a link to the member's public profile.

So... what about a member who has not made any posts yet?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You won't be able to, they have to show up somewhere on the forum.

4. Oct 8, 2011 #3

PAllen

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That may be so (I'll take your word for it), but you certain don't need to find a post to find a profile. Click on your own profile, and up top you'll see:

physics forums > member list

Click on member list, and you have it either by letter or there is a search box.

5. Oct 8, 2011 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

There it is! I knew it was somewhere!

One of the small complaints I have with vBulletin is that stuff can be hard to find.

6. Oct 8, 2011 #5

DaveC426913

Gold Member

OK, that's interesting. They're not listed there either.

Perhaps members don't appear on that list until they've made at least one post. I know the member is in the system because their name shows up as in the auto-complete suggestion list of the search (though the search finds no posts).

7. Oct 8, 2011 #6
    It varies, but yes

8. Oct 8, 2011 #7

Borek

Staff: Mentor

You can see their page if you know the user number. But as far as I can tell there is no way to check user number for someone with no posts through the standard user interface (that is, not using tools that only Mentors and Admins can use).

9. Oct 8, 2011 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Have you tried clicking on that instance of his/her name? I don't know whether or not that is even possible, let alone effective, but it might be worth a shot.

10. Oct 8, 2011 #9

DaveC426913

Gold Member

The purpose of the auto-suggestion is that, when you click on the name in the list, it populates the search field. Now your only option is to click the Search Now button. Which of course turns up no posts.

11. Oct 9, 2011 #10

Danger

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook