Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Memory Allocation problems in Gaussian09 for organic molecules

1. Aug 12, 2013 #1
    Memory Allocation and Basis Sets problems and in Gaussian09

I am starting off with Gaussian09 and GaussView software packages. When I did simulations for single molecules it was fine.

But for crystal structures, I am giving the necessary values of a,b,c,β etc for a simple monoclinic structure like NaCl (my aim is to study more complicated organic molecules). I want to simulated for vibrational frequencies.

After all the necessary inputs, when I am submitting my job, I am getting a "Severe Error Message 2070" and its giving the amount of memory required to complete the step. I am changing the valus but the same error comes up and the job is getting terminated.

Also for the basis set, I have given the option of DFT B3LYP 631G (d) but the the output file is saying "Use standard Basis Set 631G (d) <6D 10F>. I dont know where to give the <6D 10F> from. So any advise on this will be helpful as well.

I would be grateful if anyone can just help me to point out where I am making the mistake.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Shaumik

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted