Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Memory help

1. Aug 16, 2008 #1
    Hello all. I have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop, and I've had it for about 4 months. I've been downloading music here and there, but nothing too major. Earlier this week I realized that my computer had used about 70gb of memory, and I had no idea where it was. So I downloaded a disk analyzer to try and figure it out. I had no luck in locating 60gb of my hard drive. So I reformatted my hard drive, and began downloading my programs again(iTunes, AIM, bittorrent) It seems like everytime I download something my computer uses way more memory on my hard drive than necessary. For example, when I download something that is approximately 300mb, it uses like 3gb. I have no idea what the hell is going on. Can someone please help?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2008 #2
    When you say "memory" I assume you mean disk space? Did you do a test download before installing anything? Are you running XP or Vista?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?