1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Memory help

1. Aug 16, 2008 #1
    Hello all. I have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop, and I've had it for about 4 months. I've been downloading music here and there, but nothing too major. Earlier this week I realized that my computer had used about 70gb of memory, and I had no idea where it was. So I downloaded a disk analyzer to try and figure it out. I had no luck in locating 60gb of my hard drive. So I reformatted my hard drive, and began downloading my programs again(iTunes, AIM, bittorrent) It seems like everytime I download something my computer uses way more memory on my hard drive than necessary. For example, when I download something that is approximately 300mb, it uses like 3gb. I have no idea what the hell is going on. Can someone please help?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2008 #2
    When you say "memory" I assume you mean disk space? Did you do a test download before installing anything? Are you running XP or Vista?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?