Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!

In summary, the test will likely take you around 20 minutes, so only do it if you have nothing else to do. It took longer than I thought it would, but it was fun none the less.
dontdisturbmycircles
WARNING : This test will likely take you around 20 minutes, so only do it if you have nothing else to do. It took longer than I thought it would, but it was fun none the less.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/memory/

Just "Click here to start the test"

My results (not very spectacular, but I am tired :tongue2:)

You can copy and paste this form you make your results easier to post:

1.Visual recognition memory - spot the difference : 2 out of 3 (last one got me)

2.Memory binding - colours, shapes or animals : You were able to remember 3 animals

3. Numbers - Digit span : You remembered 5 out of 9 numbers correctly

4. Visual memory capacity - grid squares : You remembered 16 squares out of 25.

5.Everyday objects - pound coin : No answer stamp: No answer

6.Visual delayed recall - bridge photo : Correct

7.Working memory capacity - sentences: You were able to remember the final words 5 out of 6 sentences, in the correct order.

8.Spacial manipulation - man and ball: You got 10 out of 12 right

Physics news on Phys.org
Am I the only one with too much time on his hands? :redface: :smile:

dontdisturbmycircles said:

Apparently. :rofl: Or else everyone is busy still taking the quiz.

I'm busy on another memory task...terms for medical gross anatomy. I suspect it's much easier to learn if you're a med student with nothing to do with your time but study for those courses than it is for faculty who have the rest of their job to do too. They (the course coordinator and dept chair) think I should be able to teach it in 2 to 3 years if I start learning now, mostly because I can't make it to every lecture and lab due to my research schedule, but I really like anatomy and am having a ball laughing at some of the terms...it helps to know Latin. Where all the spinal nerves branch off the end of the spinal cord is called the cauda equina, for example, which means horse's tail. :biggrin: (And that's what it looks like too.)

I took the test and got almost exactly the same answers as you. The only difference I can see is that I got an 8/8 on question 8.

EDIT: And I couldn't recall WHERE the change was in the picture. I knew what was missing, and a general area, but I was a block off.

Moonbear said:
I can't make it to every lecture and lab due to my research schedule, but I really like anatomy and am having a ball laughing at some of the terms...it helps to know Latin. Where all the spinal nerves branch off the end of the spinal cord is called the cauda equina, for example, which means horse's tail. :biggrin: (And that's what it looks like too.)
You'll need some Greek as well. For instance, coccyx is the Greek word for 'cuckoo' (apparently because the Greeks thought it was shaped like a cuckoo's beak).

Gokul43201 said:
You'll need some Greek as well. For instance, coccyx is the Greek word for 'cuckoo' (apparently because the Greeks thought it was shaped like a cuckoo's beak).

See, that's why I love anatomy...all the terms make sense if you know where they come from. :biggrin: Unfortunately, I don't know Greek, so won't get those as easily. But, that makes perfect sense...the coccyx does look somewhat like a beak (I don't know if it specifically looks like a cuckoo's beak though, having never seen a cuckoo up close and personal).

Anatomy is one of Tsu's real strong suits. Even after twenty years of marriage she still surprises me at times with the depth of her knowledge. Of course, [some number of] decades spent in diagnostic medicine will do that. :biggrin:

1)2/3
2)4/4
3)8/9
4)16/25 (i suck at these, i usually try to grid reference them and remember the grid ref sequence instead lol but they were too fast)
5)2/2
6)1/1
7)6/6
8)15/15

I have a poor short term memory due to over use of narcotics. I consider myself forgetful and disorganised.

You did amazingly well on the spatial manipulation one 3trQN. I got stuck on one where he was upside down and facing me. If I was able to do it again I would just used an "arrow" to point towards the ball, if he was upside down, turn the arrow 180 degrees, if he was facing the other way, reflect it across the "y-axis", but I didn't have time to think of something like that :(. I sucked at the grid squares too. I thought I would have been better at the digit span one.

I did just that well on the spatial manipulation part. I just tried to imagine turning myself and flipping into his position and figuring out which hand the blue ball was in.

1/3 should be 2/3 (I knew it was the red alarm looking thing, but they marked me off for some reason)
4/4 animals
9/9 numbers
20/25 squares
-- (I don't know about UK currency)
Missed Bridge
6/6 Words in Sentences
12/12 Orientation

edit... lol I forgot to click the Smiley face, I don't recally ever even seeing it again.

Last edited:
mattmns said:
edit... lol I forgot to click the Smiley face, I don't recally ever even seeing it again.

Same here... :uhh:

dontdisturbmycircles said:
I've already taken all the tests at the BBC site. They're good, several have already been posted here. I like the male/female brain test.

Part 1: 1 of 3 (I'm not good at remembering subtle changes.)
Part 2: 3 animals
Part 3: 9 of 9 numbers
Part 4: 12 of 25 (I could have done better with this one.)
Part 5: 0 of 2 because I don't live in the U.K.
Part 6: Didn't spot the change
Part 7: 6 of 6
Part 8: 8 out of 17 (Was hasty and got the upside down ones wrong because I didn't convert it 180)

Part 9: ability to remember events from the past is better than your ability to remember to do things that you had planned to do.

you're better at remembering events and plans over long periods of time than remembering what you are doing moment to moment.

your ability to remember does not normally depend on seeing something to remind you.

And I never clicked the smiley face, nor did I ever see one.

1. What is "Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!"?

"Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!" is a game that tests your memory and cognitive skills through various challenges and puzzles.

2. How does "Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!" work?

The game presents you with a series of challenges and puzzles that you have to solve using your memory and cognitive abilities. As you progress through the levels, the challenges become more difficult, putting your memory to the test.

3. What are the benefits of playing "Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!"?

Playing "Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!" can help improve your memory, cognitive skills, and overall brain function. It can also be a fun and engaging way to challenge yourself and keep your mind sharp.

4. Is "Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!" can be played by people of all ages. However, some challenges may be more difficult for younger players, so it is recommended for older children and adults.

5. Can "Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!" be played on any device?

Yes, "Test Your Memory: Take the Challenge!" is available on multiple platforms and can be played on any device with an internet connection, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.