Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Men vs. Women

1. Feb 16, 2007 #1

:rofl: Funny, because its true.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2007 #2
    great... according to this video i am a stereotypical woman... i guess this makes me a lesbian? lol

4. Feb 17, 2007 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What planet do you live on again?

5. Feb 17, 2007 #4
    ...I thought it was a funny video. :redface:

6. Feb 17, 2007 #5

radou

Homework Helper

And I am not a stereotypical man. Can't say I'm obsessed with male genitalia.

7. Feb 17, 2007 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought it was funny, but not because I thought it was true. I thought it was funny because it was such an outlandish exaggeration. :wink: And, because the wife's expression at the "woo woo" moment was priceless. :rofl: And, it's obviously staged...no guy uses THAT much shampoo, even if he's using it to clean his entire body instead of using a separate soap and shampoo for different body parts. :rolleyes:

8. Feb 17, 2007 #7
    > >
    > > Man driving down road.
    > > Woman driving up same road.
    > > They pass each other.
    > > The woman yells out the window, PIG!
    > > Man yells out window, B I T C H!
    > > Man rounds next curve.

> > Crashes into a HUGE PIG in middle of road and
    > dies.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Thought For the Day: If only men would listen.

9. Feb 17, 2007 #8
    I think it is quite funny and quite true...

10. Feb 17, 2007 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I shave in the shower. Am I the exception? It gives me an excuse to stay in longer.

I saw more truth than fiction in the video. The biggest difference being that Tsu is always fantastically impressed when I woo woo.

11. Feb 17, 2007 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So, am I more male then? I don't see the point in putting on a robe to walk from the bedroom to the bathroom in your own house (if the house is too cold to make that walk in the nude, strip in the bathroom once the shower steams up a bit). Clothes are generally left in a pile in the bedroom (okay, they aren't strewn everywhere, just a single pile), unless I expect visitors, in which case they make it to a pile in the closet instead (I have a hamper, but somehow it never gets used). Noone in the house to "woo woo" to, though...the cat is never impressed...but if there was, I might. There is one shampoo and one conditioner and a bar of soap in the shower (no, wait, at the moment, there's some other shower gel thing in there, but that's because someone gave it to me as a Christmas gift, and I only occassionally remember I have it and use it). I do shave legs and armpits...the men get a bit disturbed if women don't.

And, nope, don't use the bathmat...I dry off inside the tub, then step out (I can never guarantee the bathmat will be there anyway, since the cat amuses herself by running full speed onto it and then skidding wherever the mat takes her).

Now, if I had a husband, the desired order of events would be to wait until he has gotten up first and braved the cold tile floor to get the water warmed up before I join him and steal all the hot water. :biggrin:

12. Feb 17, 2007 #11
    My shower is a geodesic from dirty to clean.

13. Feb 17, 2007 #12
    That is one funny clip. I noticed that the guy used the Kirkland brand(Costco) shampoo. You can get a quart of the stuff for pocket change.:rofl: Not that there is anything wrong with that.:biggrin:

14. Feb 17, 2007 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I don't shop at Costco, so didn't recognize the brand. It would have been equally appropriate to have a brand like Head and Shoulders (the original, not any of those fancy ones they have now). I did have one boyfriend who used to get annoyed that I had both shampoo and conditioner in the shower...it finally dawned on me that it was because he was practically blind as a bat without his glasses on, so couldn't read the label to know which was which. He didn't have enough hair to do the mohawk thing though, which did leave me puzzled why he was so concerned about finding the shampoo. :uhh:

15. Feb 17, 2007 #14
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

16. Feb 17, 2007 #15

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So true :biggrin: except I don't fold my laundry and my man doesn't pee in the shower :rolleyes:

17. Feb 17, 2007 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At least not when you're looking. :biggrin:

18. Feb 18, 2007 #17

turbo

Gold Member

So true! Using that much shampoo requires lots of rinsing, and real guys don't have the time for that. :uhh:

Timely Tip: There is a liquid soap called "Scent Away" sold by Cabelas, Wal Mart (in season) and others to hunters. It is a nice antibacterial soap that works well as a shampoo and does not strip oils from your skin and hair as aggressively as a lot of other soaps. It is fragrance-free, so it will not irritate co-workers and co-habitants that are bothered by scents (many are, though they will not always tell you!)

19. Feb 23, 2007 #18

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The real difference between men and women:

And I have to admit, about half way through I was barely skimming through Elaine's thoughts to get back to Roger's thoughts about his transmission. :rofl:

20. Mar 1, 2007 #19
    Sink is much better place.Trust me.

21. Mar 1, 2007 #20

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Yes, it was a truly heartwrenching story. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?