Men who rape

To the Original Poster (Loren Booda) - This article discusses males in general.
http://www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2000/mar00leb.pdf [Broken]
What feature (pages) in particular do you have in mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I had a girlfriend once that would sweetly say 'rape me' while we were cuddling. For me, rape begins where consent ends. I usually ended up lecturing her about how I couldn't do that to someone.

"I think that the difference between being assertive (which is attractive to us, BTW), and rape is the same as the difference between a warm fire and a violent explosion: none. They're the same thing. One is just what happens when you let the other build up under pressure."

No, there's a big difference: Violent coercion. Analogy: Some ******* can come up to me and try to sell me the brooklyn bridge as assertively as he wants, but i'm not gonna give him money. On the other hand, if holds a gun to my head, I'll probably take the deal.

You are taking his statement out of context.
I respectfully disagree.
You are making invalid assumptions
What are they?
You are indulging in personal attacks
Against whom? The geeky kid who was too shy to even look at a girl? I'm on HIS SIDE.
Even though that was a silly thread
It's not a silly thread! In fact, it's critically important. To a greater or lesser extent, this issue has destroyed the happiness of every single geeky guy I've ever known, as well as myself. Stupid people are FAR less likely to have this problem (thinking, and judging themselves instead of doing, and being themselves).
you should reply to the OP in that thread if you have any opinions on that subject
I have abstained from that because I have strong opinions on the subject, as being shy and nerdy and timid made my life a train wreck before I "wised up". If I reply there, people will get mad because I have an opinion different from most people's, and even in intellectual circles, people turn ugly if you don't go along with the "mandatory opinion".

--flk

Last edited:

Please think about what you are saying
What am I saying that you think I don't know I'm saying?

I've said it a LOT more explicitly elsewhere.

--flk

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

As already mentioned, these are far from the typical rape case. In addition, you have only cited anecdotes, which means you haven't really given any evidence at all. Furthermore, you haven't even demonstrated these cases fit the criterion of simply a sexually repressed person. The engineer had a daughter, guess what that means he was able to do?
Molest his daughter?

Without a DNA test to determine paternity, I'm not sure what you could assume about the engineer's sexual behavior. He could have had a normal marital relationship or he could have had a very passive-aggressive response to his wife's extramarital affair(s), preferring to inflict his rage on his daughter rather than his wife.

(And, honestly, I was puzzled for a moment as to what you might be implying. The subject was a mentally disturbed person, after all.)

(And, honestly, I was puzzled for a moment as to what you might be implying. The subject was a mentally disturbed person, after all.)
Faye's original post implied that geeky guys who can not get a date are more likely to rape than men who have girl friends and have sex often. So I believe Office Shredder is pointing out that in this instance the 'geek' was obviously able to get married and apparently have a child and so, as you say, there is something else going on here. The guy was crazy not just a repressed loner geek.

It's been a few years since it had become fasionable to claim rape. Is this still the case?

What am I saying that you think I don't know I'm saying?

I've said it a LOT more explicitly elsewhere.

--flk
Perhaps those forums are more conducive to explicit comments or suggestions.