Farewell to @Astronuc, Welcome @anorlunda to PF Mentors!

• Announcement
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: Thanks, @Astronuc. Welcome @anorlunda !Ditto @Astronuc and @anorlundaWelcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !Welcome @anorlunda !
Today we announce that 10 year staff veteran @Astronuc has decided, due to real life work load, to retire from the Mentor group. PF has long benefited from his unique skill set in nuclear engineering, his dedication to the PF mission and loyalty toward the community. We are happy to say @Astronuc plans to stick around and continue contributing just in a different capacity. Thanks for all your efforts good friend!

On the flip side we are pleased to announce that @anorlunda has joined the Mentor group! He will be helping out a lot in the engineering forums filling a bit of @Astronuc's shoes. @anorlunda has quickly risen as a leader and trusted member in the community. We're thrilled to have him aboard and looking forward to him doing great things!

Likes hutchphd, Rx7man, smokingwheels and 30 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for everything, Astro. :smile:

And welcome to the Mentor fold, @anorlunda -- great to have you as part of the Mentor group! :biggrin:

Likes Astronuc, vanhees71, anorlunda and 7 others
Congratulations @anorlunda! :smile:

Likes Astronuc, vanhees71, anorlunda and 1 other person
berkeman said:
Thanks for everything, Astro. :smile:

And welcome to the Mentor fold, @anorlunda -- great to have you as part of the Mentor group! :biggrin:
Yeah. What he said !

Likes Astronuc and anorlunda
Cheers @Astronuc. I hope you are not hanging up your keyboard completely, yet.
And congrats to you @anorlunda with your particular knowledge of wave theory and displacement.

Farewell @Astronuc ! Enjoy retirement, file a few reports for us to investigate once in a while.

Congratulations @anorlunda!

Look forward to assigning tough reports to you for resolution. :-)

Looks like the A's have it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. I'll try to live up to it.

Likes cnh1995, ProfuselyQuarky, jim mcnamara and 5 others
anorlunda said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone. I'll try to live up to it.

You will! We guarantee it.

Likes anorlunda
jedishrfu said:
You will! We guarantee it.
muahahahahahahaahaha!

Likes Stavros Kiri, collinsmark and jedishrfu
Farewell @Astronuc Thanks for all the work you put in over the years!

Likes Astronuc and jedishrfu
Thank you, @Astronuc. We will not forget about you and appreciate it.
Deepest congratulations, @anorlunda!

Likes Stavros Kiri, Astronuc, anorlunda and 1 other person
Thank you, @Astronuc!
Your insights and expertise helped a great deal, most notably during the Fukushima disaster. I'm glad that you're going to continue to be a part of this community.

Likes Kninfinite and Astronuc
Thanks, folks for the kind words.

I retired as a mentor/moderator, but I'll still be around to participate in the forums, primarily Nuclear Engineering and other Engineering forums as a Science Advisor, and as time permits.

Likes Stavros Kiri, doglover9754, Kninfinite and 8 others
Farewell @Astronuc for being a great mentor, and congrats @anorlunda for becoming a mentor. Thank you two for being great mentors and thank you to the other mentors too for always being an amazing group of people.

Likes sophiecentaur, Astronuc, vanhees71 and 1 other person
Whooo! Congrats! nā hoʻohanohano (Congrats)

Likes Astronuc
Thank you , Astronuc!
Wish you the best

Likes Astronuc
I second that. Thank you Astronuc. You leave big shoes to fill. I'm glad that you'll still be around PF.

Likes ISamson and Greg Bernhardt
Astronuc said:

I retired as a mentor/moderator, but I'll still be around to participate in the forums, primarily Nuclear Engineering and other Engineering forums as a Science Advisor, and as time permits.
Glad to know you'll still be around. You have a lot of knowledge.

Welcome @anorlunda !

Astronuc said:

Ooo! Then could you help me out when I post in the engineering forum? I could use some advice.

Likes Astronuc
stephenkohnle53 said:
Farewell @Astronuc for being a great mentor, and congrats @anorlunda for becoming a mentor. Thank you two for being great mentors and thank you to the other mentors too for always being an amazing group of people.
Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks @Astronuc !
Welcome @anorlunda !

Well done Astronuc, a fine job overseeing Nuclear Engineering in particular.

Likes berkeman and Astronuc
I'll sure miss your insight and most excellent ability to explain ! Hope you'll participate as time allows. old jim

Having coming across to both and admiring both for their ethos and knowledge, ...
Thanks @Astronuc !
Welcome @anorlunda !
(P.S. Sorry, I am a bit late on posting this)

1. What is the reason for @Astronuc's farewell and @anorlunda's welcome to PF Mentors?

@Astronuc has decided to step down from his role as a PF Mentor due to personal reasons. @anorlunda, another experienced member of the Physics Forums community, has been chosen to take his place as a mentor.

2. Who are @Astronuc and @anorlunda?

@Astronuc and @anorlunda are usernames of members on the Physics Forums website. @Astronuc has been a PF Mentor for several years and has contributed greatly to the community. @anorlunda is also an active member of the community and has been selected as the new PF Mentor.

3. What is the role of a PF Mentor?

A PF Mentor is an experienced member of the Physics Forums community who volunteers their time to help and guide other members. They provide support and assistance to members who have questions or need help with their studies or research.

4. How can I contact @anorlunda for help as a PF Mentor?

You can send a private message to @anorlunda on the Physics Forums website if you have any questions or need assistance. They will respond as soon as possible and provide guidance or direct you to other helpful resources.

5. Will there be any changes in the PF Mentor program with the transition from @Astronuc to @anorlunda?

There will not be any major changes in the PF Mentor program with the transition from @Astronuc to @anorlunda. The main goal of the program, which is to provide support and guidance to members, will remain the same. However, @anorlunda may bring their own unique perspective and approach to the role.