Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Merry Christmas Ivan

1. Nov 16, 2007 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Merry Christmas Ivan!!

We play Guitar Hero at work during our monthly goof off lunch meeting. Our champion "hero" just e-mailed me about this.

I thought this would be the perfect gift for Ivan, because "Nothing gets your toe to tapping more than an accordian".

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2007/11/12/accordion_hero_need_we_say_mor.html

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2007 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hah, I logged on just in time to get my Christmas present. Yeah! Now I can do that accordian rap song that I've been dreaming about!!!

Thanks so much. Now, where did I put those Lawrence Welk albums...

4. Nov 16, 2007 #3

Evo

I have an elephant bubble maker, (it's an elephant that blows a stream of bubbles out of it's trunk) you've got to have bubbles.

5. Nov 16, 2007 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

HAW HAW!!! No way! :rofl::rofl:

I love Guitar Hero. (I always play the bass lines, though!)

6. Nov 16, 2007 #5
    Lol. I can think of a few people who would love that.

I also love guitar hero. I beat Gh2 and Gh3 on expert :tongue:.

7. Nov 16, 2007 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Never even heard of guitar hero. I used to spend lots of my lunch-hours at work playing guitar, and my co-worker would hang out and play computer games and listen while she ate her lunch. When she gave birth to her little girl, she asked me where she could buy music CDs from guitarists that play fingerstyle acoustic like me so she could expose her little girl to that music. Coming from her, that was the highest praise ever. I've often gotten compliments (and money) for playing electric blues and rock, but I've never had such a nice affirmation of my fingerstyle acoustic playing. Aside from little coffee-shops that pay little or nothing, there is little demand for that around here, so it's mostly music that I play for myself.

8. Nov 16, 2007 #7

Evo

It's on xbox and playstation, it is a riot to play with a group of people taking turns. The guy that owns it has two guitars, so two people can compete. I heard that the Child of Evo is an expert at it.

9. Nov 16, 2007 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One thing that I wanted to make clear. What Evo quoted is one of my all time favorite quotes:

What she didn't tell you is that she is the source of this quote!!! Evo is really the closet accordianist.

10. Nov 16, 2007 #9

Evo

:redface: Now everyone is going to want me to record a CD which I will sell for for only $6.99 S&H not included.

Little known fact, my mother had an accordian when I was young and I did play it, much to her dismay.

11. Nov 16, 2007 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm glad you asked first so I don't have to feel like the only clueless one who had no idea what Guitar Hero was, or what it had to do with getting an accordian for Christmas. :uhh: Still not entirely clear on that last part actually.

12. Nov 16, 2007 #11
    I just finished playing Gh. Doing some of those bonus songs I didn't get to.

How good is Child of Evo?

13. Nov 16, 2007 #12

Evo

This is what it looks like wiyh one person playing, you have a guitar and you have to hit each note, which will show flames if you hit them right, you hear a "clunk" when a note is missed. This guy is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G80-kSGJuUM&NR=1

14. Nov 16, 2007 #13

Evo

According to her older sister that never gives out compliments, she plays at expert level. <sniff> I am so proud.

15. Nov 16, 2007 #14
    It would be more convincing if he did that on a harder song. I would be impressed if I saw someone ace Jordan on expert.

That was the ONLY song in GH2 that I coudn't beat on expert (good thing it was just a bonus song).

Here is a link to someone playing it on youtube. Whoever did this has true GH skills.

The hard part starts at around 1m 95 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Xb5XyY5cE

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  16. Nov 16, 2007 #15

Evo

Another good song. He misses quite a few at the end.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  17. Nov 16, 2007 #16
    Ya that solo can be kind of tough. I make sure I save my starpower for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  18. Nov 16, 2007 #17

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whats wrong with learning to play the guitar for real nowadays?

19. Nov 16, 2007 #18
    I do learn guitar. I generally use the game to find great songs that I would like to play with the real guitar, and then play them without practice. I think its great.

20. Nov 16, 2007 #19

Evo

If you do play the guitar, this is fun. If you don't play the guitar, it's embarrassing, but still fun.

21. Nov 16, 2007 #20
    Not really. I beat it on expert before I got my guitar.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?