Merry Christmas

• Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date
Happy Holidays to one and all. Have you been naughty, or nice?

turbo

Gold Member
Happy Holidays to you too. My wife and I had a quiet evening with the neighbors yesterday. They bought presents for our dog, and gift certificates for us. Tonight until tomorrow night, Duke and I are home alone, as my wife takes her shift to tend her mother (senile dementia).

I took a huge box of food to my father today. Turkey, mashed potatoes, squash, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, 2 kinds of home-made pickles, and 2 different loaves of home-made bread, along with a big tub of clam-dip that he can set out tonight for company. That'll keep him in food until New Years, after I get him down here to pick up a couple of large lidded dishes of home-made turkey soup. We're kind of big on the food=holiday thing.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Merry and Happy Holidays, hypatia and all at PF.

May the holidays be peaceful, pleasant and joyous, and may carry these into and throughout the New Year. :smile:

drizzle

Gold Member
Merry Christmas to you too Hypatia. :)

Merry Christmas to all of you,

and who could that have said better than Betrand Russell....

turbo

Gold Member
Merry Christmas to you too Hypatia. :)
Well, have you been naughty or nice? :devil:

I think I was nice. My neighbor went WAY overboard on gifts for me and my wife last night. Plus he thanked me yet again for helping him mill out lumber on his sawmill and helping him build the big addition on his house. The cards they got for us were very nice, too.

OmCheeto

Gold Member
Merry Christmas to all of you,

and who could that have said better than Betrand Russell....
I hate you Andre.

As only Russell could hate people, on Christmas day......

Russell said:
If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have paradise in a few years.

Merry Christmas!

:smile:

Very quiet night here, grandchildren will be here in a hour, so I expect that to change. Felt a bit melancholy today, so many great memories of Christmas past.

Of course I have been nice, cause even when I'm naughty, well, we won't go their.

Evo

Mentor
Merry christmas Hypatia, and all other PF'ers that celebrate this time of year.

turbo

Gold Member
Very quiet night here, grandchildren will be here in a hour, so I expect that to change. Felt a bit melancholy today, so many great memories of Christmas past.

Of course I have been nice, cause even when I'm naughty, well, we won't go their.
Play with the kids. Have fun with them. They are children for such a short time, and this time is special to them.

When I said last night that Duke and I would go home, the 7-year old (who was coming down with a cold and not feeling well) was polite and nice, and the 5-year old wouldn't let us leave without big hugs for both of us. I gave her a bear-hug. Kids aren't kids forever.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's. All good things to all. Only happiness and good health.

Last edited by a moderator:

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Merry Christmas...or, for the Brits, "Happy" Christmas!

cobalt124

Gold Member
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Merry Christmas, everybody.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Peace, joy, and comfort all 'round.

Char. Limit

Gold Member
Merry Christmas!

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas!!! Hope you have great joy one and all!

Seasons Greetings from the South Wales Valleys!!!

Hope everyone's had (or will for those of you from America) a fantastic day .

radou

Homework Helper
Merry Christmas! :smile:

Borek

Mentor
Merry Christmas!

My Christmas are slowly starting to be merry. Food poisoning. I will spare you details, but I have spent night 23rd/24th discussing my latest meals with the toilet.

Merry Christmas!

My Christmas are slowly starting to be merry. Food poisoning. I will spare you details, but I have spent night 23rd/24th discussing my latest meals with the toilet.
Dearest Borek, you must have missed my post while away in the powder room:

Re: Merry Christmas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's. All good things to all. Only happiness and good health.

Hoping you feel 100% before it's time for the Who Roast Beast. "And that will be for me." :approve:

And I think there is a member who had a few teeth extracted and hope they can chew on the Who Roast Beast too.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Merry Christmas!

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Air

Merry Christmas everyone! :smile: