Merry Christmas! A Big Thank You to Our Forum!

In summary, PF members are discussing their Christmas experiences. Some members are enjoying theirs while others are not. Turbo has some advice for those who are struggling with the holiday.
DennisN
Gold Member
2023 Award
Merry Christmas to you all!
And thanks to all administrators, mentors and members for making this forum into a very useful, helpful, educational, interesting, inspiring and fun place to be!

11517654116_e2e28b949b_o.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Merry Christmas to you Dennis!

Merry Christmas!

attachment.php?attachmentid=65050&stc=1&d=1387828544.jpg

Attachments

• Merry Christmas.jpg
    Merry Christmas.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 560
I'm Offended, everyone! And a happy New Year!

Borg said:
Merry Christmas. Please choose your own greeting card.
Thanks! Bookmarking that one, very funny :biggrin:.

Anyone up for hanging mistletoes over the PF volcano?

P.S. Scary Therm Rims

Last edited:
Enigman said:
Anyone up for hanging mistletoes over the PF volcano?

P.S. Scary Therm Rims

...zip!...

DennisN said:
Merry Christmas to you all!
And thanks to all administrators, mentors and members for making this forum into a very useful, helpful, educational, interesting, inspiring and fun place to be!

11517654116_e2e28b949b_o.jpg

Would have been much more effective if it were an actual Hubble image of the moon with a photo-shopped insertion of a realistic santa sled with rein-deer and big red bag and all but so small in the image that little children all around the world would be scurrying about in there home looking for a magnifying glass to look up close at the image all the while their parents encouraging them with "yes it is, he's just so far away that you can barely make him out," but realistic enough so that if they did, they would actually see it!"

Bet you could have even contacted Scott Pelly at CBS to report nation-wide, the amazing image, reporting "if you look really close, you can just barely make him out." There's still time to make the evening news tonight. Someone good at this, quick, make the image and send it to CBS and see what happens.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas all! I'm currently 3 hours into Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all, i guess a kiss under the mistletoe from all the female members is out of the question, big hugs any way.

wolram said:
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all, i guess a kiss under the mistletoe from all the female members is out of the question, big hugs any way.
Merry Christmas precious woolie ram! I was thinking about you this morning. :!)

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Kwanzaa, and a very joyous New Year!

e8w0.jpg

Zz.

A belated HAPPY HOLLIDAY everyone. I say belated because my computer is sooo slooo today this may not post until Thursday.

Evo said:
Merry Christmas precious woolie ram! I was thinking about you this morning. :!)

I often think of you, the most sophisticated bird i know, i would love to get you under the mistletoe
but i would be embarrassed to ask, i hope you have a happy xmas and new year.

Merry Christmas, all.

My wife has A Christmas Story on TV. She has seen it dozens of times, but still wants to watch it again every year.

Sorry for your situation turbo. I hope things get better for you!

Merry Christmas, All!

Math Is Hard said:
Merry Christmas, All!
Hi, MIH! Long time no see.

Math Is Hard said:
Merry Christmas, All!
Merry Christmas MIH!

Evo and Turbo - I hope Santa treated you well!

I had baked stuffed lobster for breakfast, so I did OK, MIH. Having leftover roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and squash covered with chicken gravy right now. I guess I came out of this well. Christmas was just me and my wife and the dogs - pretty quiet.

I hope your holiday was nice, too.

Ooh! Lobster! That sounds like good eatin'!

turbo said:
I had baked stuffed lobster for breakfast, so I did OK, MIH. Having leftover roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and squash covered with chicken gravy right now. I guess I came out of this well. Christmas was just me and my wife and the dogs - pretty quiet.

I hope your holiday was nice, too.

{{MiH}}! I hope you're doing well!

lisab said:
Me too! I have missed her.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all PF members !

lisab said:

All's well - thanks! I'm off work until the 2nd, and I am enjoying the break.

MIH! Good to see you! :)
How are you doing?

I don't know about Christmas day but boxing day was busy, we had all the family over including the family from my daughters husbands side, 22 in all, Steph did the cooking at the local caf we hired for the event.
We all had a turkey, pork or ham dinner plus pudding and drinks, then for tea we had nibbles, cheese and biscuits, cold meats, sausage rolls, minced pies etc, every one enjoyed the meal but guess who coped for the washing up yup i did, 22 dinner plates 22 pudding bowls, 22 side plates, 22 glasses etc
it took me 3hrs.
I hope you all have a merry new year and any wishes come true, all my best to MIH, LISAB, Turbo,
Evo, GAD.and anyone else reading this.

{{{Woolie}}} :smile:

wolram said:
I don't know about Christmas day but boxing day was busy, we had all the family over including the family from my daughters husbands side, 22 in all, Steph did the cooking at the local caf we hired for the event.
We all had a turkey, pork or ham dinner plus pudding and drinks, then for tea we had nibbles, cheese and biscuits, cold meats, sausage rolls, minced pies etc, every one enjoyed the meal but guess who coped for the washing up yup i did, 22 dinner plates 22 pudding bowls, 22 side plates, 22 glasses etc
it took me 3hrs.
I hope you all have a merry new year and any wishes come true, all my best to MIH, LISAB, Turbo,
Evo, GAD.and anyone else reading this.
You can wash my dishes anytime!

Sounds like a great gathering wolram!

Happy New Year, try to drop in on New Year's Evo chat tomorrow!

merry christmas and happy new year

Thanks Woolie. Happy new year to you and everyone. :)

<h2>1. What is the significance of saying "Merry Christmas"?</h2><p> "Merry Christmas" is a traditional greeting used during the Christmas season to wish someone happiness and joy. It originated from the phrase "Merry Christ's Mass", which refers to the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.</p><h2>2. Why do we say "Thank You" during Christmas?</h2><p> "Thank You" is a way to express gratitude and appreciation for the blessings and gifts received during the Christmas season. It is also a way to show appreciation for the people who have made the holiday special, such as family, friends, and community members.</p><h2>3. Is saying "Merry Christmas" offensive to non-Christians?</h2><p> While "Merry Christmas" is a phrase with Christian origins, it has become a common holiday greeting used by people of all faiths. However, it is always important to be respectful and considerate of others' beliefs and preferences. If in doubt, it is best to ask how someone would like to be greeted during the holiday season.</p><h2>4. What are some other ways to say "Merry Christmas"?</h2><p> There are many variations of the phrase "Merry Christmas" that can be used, such as "Happy Holidays", "Season's Greetings", or "Feliz Navidad". Additionally, you can also say "Happy Hanukkah" or "Joyous Kwanzaa" to acknowledge and celebrate other winter holidays.</p><h2>5. How can we spread the holiday spirit through saying "Merry Christmas" and "Thank You"?</h2><p> Saying "Merry Christmas" and "Thank You" are simple ways to spread joy, love, and appreciation during the holiday season. By using these phrases, we can show kindness and gratitude towards others, and help create a sense of unity and togetherness in our communities.</p>

1. What is the significance of saying "Merry Christmas"?

"Merry Christmas" is a traditional greeting used during the Christmas season to wish someone happiness and joy. It originated from the phrase "Merry Christ's Mass", which refers to the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

2. Why do we say "Thank You" during Christmas?

"Thank You" is a way to express gratitude and appreciation for the blessings and gifts received during the Christmas season. It is also a way to show appreciation for the people who have made the holiday special, such as family, friends, and community members.

3. Is saying "Merry Christmas" offensive to non-Christians?

While "Merry Christmas" is a phrase with Christian origins, it has become a common holiday greeting used by people of all faiths. However, it is always important to be respectful and considerate of others' beliefs and preferences. If in doubt, it is best to ask how someone would like to be greeted during the holiday season.

4. What are some other ways to say "Merry Christmas"?

There are many variations of the phrase "Merry Christmas" that can be used, such as "Happy Holidays", "Season's Greetings", or "Feliz Navidad". Additionally, you can also say "Happy Hanukkah" or "Joyous Kwanzaa" to acknowledge and celebrate other winter holidays.

5. How can we spread the holiday spirit through saying "Merry Christmas" and "Thank You"?

Saying "Merry Christmas" and "Thank You" are simple ways to spread joy, love, and appreciation during the holiday season. By using these phrases, we can show kindness and gratitude towards others, and help create a sense of unity and togetherness in our communities.