1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Merry Go Round, 4 part question

1. Apr 12, 2010 #1
    So im stuck, Last question on a review

A merry-go-round on the beach has a 10 ft. diameter and is spinning at 12 rpm.
    A. What is the Angular velocity of the merry go round in radians per second.

B.How fast (in feet per second) is Raul traveling if he sits ont eh outer edge of the merry-go-round?

C. How fast is klaus traveling ( in feet per second) if he sits at the center of the merry go round?

D. If the center of the merry-go-round is 200 ft from teh ocean, find an equation that express' Klaus' distance fromt eh ocean at t seconds after it starts turning. Assume he started the merry go round at the point furthest from the ocean.

Im so confused, any help would be great!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2010 #2
    You should list equations and show at least some work even if it is wrong.

To get you started, for part (A) how is rpm related to angular velocity?

4. Apr 13, 2010 #3
    thats my problem, i didnt even start it, but nevermind, its due in an hour, I guess ill just not turn it in

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook