1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mesh Analysis

1. Mar 2, 2006 #1
    hello. I was reading through the chapter, and i came across a practice problem. The given answer for the problem is 79.2V. I attemted to solve it, but i dont get the same answer. ICould you guys please help me out and tell me where i am making a mistake? Thanx in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2006 #2
    Might wanna just print screen, copy/paste and upload the work to imageshack or something.
  4. Mar 2, 2006 #3
    ok heres the URL of the work

theres a bunch of links to the image, this is my first time using this imageshack thing so i wasnt sure which link to use, i think if u copy and paste this link into the browser it works.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  5. Mar 2, 2006 #4
    first off you can't solve these 2 eqautions that you have, because you have 3 unknowns and 2 equations. You need another equation.

I see you used a supermesh for mesh 2 and 3, however you don;t need it. That is a current controlled voltage source there. This is why you are missing one equation. It would be a different story if there was a current source there.
  6. Mar 2, 2006 #5
    I can't open your file or get any of your links to work to see the Circuit Diagram.
  7. Mar 3, 2006 #6
    They aren't linked correctly, so you have to copy and paste it. Copy and paste the 3rd link and edit it to a basic URL.

my mistake, i looked at your work briefly and just saw the two numbered eqautions. I did the problem this time and get 79.2V. Your currents should be i1 = 3.08A i2=2.27A and i3=1.98
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?