Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Mesh Analysis

1. Mar 2, 2006 #1
    hello. I was reading through the chapter, and i came across a practice problem. The given answer for the problem is 79.2V. I attemted to solve it, but i dont get the same answer. ICould you guys please help me out and tell me where i am making a mistake? Thanx in advance

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.d669771024.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2006 #2
    Might wanna just print screen, copy/paste and upload the work to imageshack or something.

4. Mar 2, 2006 #3
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  5. Mar 2, 2006 #4
    first off you can't solve these 2 eqautions that you have, because you have 3 unknowns and 2 equations. You need another equation.

I see you used a supermesh for mesh 2 and 3, however you don;t need it. That is a current controlled voltage source there. This is why you are missing one equation. It would be a different story if there was a current source there.

6. Mar 2, 2006 #5
    I can't open your file or get any of your links to work to see the Circuit Diagram.

7. Mar 3, 2006 #6
    They aren't linked correctly, so you have to copy and paste it. Copy and paste the 3rd link and edit it to a basic URL.

my mistake, i looked at your work briefly and just saw the two numbered eqautions. I did the problem this time and get 79.2V. Your currents should be i1 = 3.08A i2=2.27A and i3=1.98

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook