1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mesh Analysis

1. Feb 12, 2008 #1
    [SOLVED] Mesh Analysis

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am having trouble solving this circuit for its currents. I have also tried nodal analysis, and haven't been able to come up with anything

[​IMG]
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Can anyone check what's wrong with my mesh equations? I skipped the mesh with the independent voltage source (1A) and because I wasn't sure how to form a supernode with it. But I have enough equations to solve, but when I do I get the wrong answers.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2008 #2
    Your current source isn't equal to i3 - i4.

4. Feb 13, 2008 #3
    Thanks for your reply, you're right i messed that equation
    1 A = i3 + i4 ? right
    Unfortunately, I still seem to be getting an incorrect answer (but they are very close to the correct answers) is there anything else I messed up? I forgot to draw the direction of ix on the picture but it is the current between v2 and v1 (thru the 5 ohm resistor). And I believe I did get the current correct on that one.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  5. Feb 13, 2008 #4
    i3 is simply equal to 1 amp. There is no need for a loop equation for Loop(i3). This also makes the problem easier to solve.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?