1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mesh analysis

1. Feb 24, 2010 #1
    [PLAIN]http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F1hFT0SaSpFdLqSvFA-BHA?authkey=Gv1sRgCMGC37jJtMLiXQ&feat=directlink [Broken] [Broken]

Image : [PLAIN]http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F1hFT0SaSpFdLqSvFA-BHA?authkey=Gv1sRgCMGC37jJtMLiXQ&feat=directlink [Broken] [Broken]

How do i use mesh analysis to find the current of RL?
    can someone teach me how i should indicate the loops and +/- on the circuit?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Please show us your attempt at a solution. We do not do your homework for you here.

You can also search at wikipedia.org for basic tutorial info on mesh analysis.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Feb 24, 2010 #3
    you can choose any sense of the loops(clockwise,anticlockwise,or both).it doesnt affect the final result..but for each sense of the loop in a mesh,u have to form the kirchoff's equation according to the loop's sense you put......
    u finally get a system of equations with several unkowns.......
    take this easy operation:
    suppose u have three meshes:
    put all the current loops in a clockwise direction (I1,I2,I3 respectively)
    consider the 3 matrices (v),(z)and(I)
    and (v)=(z)(I) , (I)=(I1,I2,I3) , (v)=(sum of "voltage sources" according to sense of current in the first mesh, similarly for the 2nd mesh,similarly for the 3rd mesh)

for (z): z11: sum of empidences of mesh 1
    z22:sum of empidences of mesh 2
    z33:sum of empidences of mesh 3
    z12:minus (sum of commom empidences between meshes 1 and 2)
    z13:minus(sum of commom empidences between meshes 1 and 3)
    z23:minus(sum of common empidences between meshes 2 and 3)

z12=z21, z31=z13, z23=z32;
    so u abtain the system and u get I1,I2,I3...

and so, u can perform this operation for any number of meshes (sense of loops are clockwise!! here)
    thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook