Need Alcohol Swabs? Remember to Restock Tomorrow!

• Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date
But then again, I'm a total geek, so who cares? :rofl:Hey Rach3! This is you on 12/19, sending a message to the future version of yourself, as reminder.In summary, Rach3 is sending a message to a future version of themselves on 12/19. They discuss using a blunt knife to deskin a salmon, consuming sake, and the importance of chronology. Rach3 also reminds themselves to pick up alcohol swabs from the store. Additionally, there is a conversation about the difference between antibiotics and
Rach3
Hey Rach3! This is you on 12/19, sending a message to the future version of yourself, as reminder.

1) It is reasonable to use a relatively blunt knife to deskin a salmon, if a nice sharp one is unavailable. Also, the consumption of moderate quantities of delicious sake is perfectly acceptable in social occasions. However, the chronology of events is rather important; it is best to slice your fish before consuming the sake.

2) When you stop by the store tomorrow, do pick up some alcohol swabs, will you? I seem to have run out.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Mk! This is you on 12/19, sending a message to the future version of yourself, as reminder.

1) Although you should be working from when you wake up until eleven o'clock pm at least, stick in a few games of chess against the computer. Try not to write any music until eleven!

2) Don't forget to buy meat. You were all out except for a large uncooked ham today.

Mk, I too have a message for you: you missed the subtle irony of my post! Please do reread-it and enjoy a nice, expansive laugh. Preferably with sake and a first-aid kit.

-Rach3

Question for biologist members! What's the difference in effectiveness between "antiseptics" like isopropanol, and "antibiotics" like neosporin? Google doesn't help me here. Or maybe the ethanol (not isopropanol) is interfering with my capacity to utilize Google to the maximum extent possible.

An antibiotic is substance produce by microorganism that inhibit the growth or kill bacteria. Technically most of the current antibiotics are not produce by microorganism but are synthesized instead. However, there are still consider antibiotics because they are derived from antibiotics that are produce by microorganism.

An antiseptics is substance that inhibit the growth or kill of any type of microorganism that are on living tissue and skin.

The major differences are that an antibiotics is produced by a specific source, has a specific targeted group and can be used within a human with very little negative side effects

The problem is that people use the word antibiotics and antiseptics are bit to liberally.

Last edited:
:confused:

Theres 19 months in a year?

:smile:

Anttech said:

It's a long year. :rofl:

I don't even remember half of this year, it went so fast.

didn't they mean to say 19/12?

Anttech said:

Silly Europeans. :rolleyes: You'd probably be confused if I told you Rach3 was 6"5' tall.

What are you guys going to do when 10/11/12 rolls around?

BobG said:
Silly Europeans. :rolleyes: You'd probably be confused if I told you Rach3 was 6"5' tall.

What are you guys going to do when 10/11/12 rolls around?

you mean 11/10/12?

Now I am confussed :rofl:

This is exactly why I always write the date:

Day-Month-Year --> 19-Dec-2006

As for the 6"5' How many hands & chains is that?

Get with 00's hehe :smile:

Well our (European) system is most logical as we write our dates in ascending chronological order so the most important information (i.e. the bit that changes most often) is displayed first.

I believe you've had too much sake when you slice off part of your thumb and still believe its salmon.

EDIT: Oh yeah and 1 billion = 1 000 000 000 000 :biggrin:

Last edited:
Rach3 said:
Hey Rach3! This is you on 12/19, sending a message to the future version of yourself, as reminder.

1) It is reasonable to use a relatively blunt knife to deskin a salmon, if a nice sharp one is unavailable. Also, the consumption of moderate quantities of delicious sake is perfectly acceptable in social occasions. However, the chronology of events is rather important; it is best to slice your fish before consuming the sake.

2) When you stop by the store tomorrow, do pick up some alcohol swabs, will you? I seem to have run out.
Wouldn't it be more effective if you sent the message to a previous version of yourself? I have committed a few howlers that I would love to be able to warn myself about.

Kurdt said:
Well our (European) system is most logical as we write our dates in ascending chronological order so the most important information (i.e. the bit that changes most often) is displayed first.
If you wrote it year (4 digits), month, date, then it would sort correctly.

What do you mean 'sort correctly'? Yes that has a logic to it but what people are interested in is the day. You can see this through speech patterns that have developed, because people say for example "the 16th of November 1993". Although saying that Americans would say "November 16th 1993". which is odd to me.

Anyway apologies for hijacking thread actions. :blushing:

Kurdt said:
What do you mean 'sort correctly'? Yes that has a logic to it but what people are interested in is the day. You can see this through speech patterns that have developed, because people say for example "the 16th of November 1993". Although saying that Americans would say "November 16th 1993". which is odd to me.
Americans say "November 16th, 1993."

I normally do it in order by size.

Kurdt said:
What do you mean 'sort correctly'?
2004/12/15 < 2005/11/09 < 2006/10/13
where < stands for sort order and dates are (yyyy/mm/dd). So sort order is the same as chronological order. But
09/11/2005 < 13/10/2006 < 15/12/2004. So sort order is different from chronological order.

jimmysnyder said:
where < stands for sort order and dates are (yyyy/mm/dd). So sort order is the same as chronological order. But
09/11/2005 < 13/10/2006 < 15/12/2004. So sort order is different from chronological order.

Ah fair enough. That way is more logical for certain applications. :smile:

Hey Moose! This is you now (check the postmark)
1) Good luck on your final tomorrow!

Hey Cyclovenom!:

1) Remember to shake your head and smile...

jimmysnyder said:

Why wouldn't you just store all dates as Julian dates? Then you could handle the display part differently depending upon user preference?

For example, seeing as how it's December 20, 2006, 16:00:00 UST, the Julian date would be 2454090.16667. That allows the date and time to sort regardless of the display format.

Hmm. When you think about it, if we'd use Julian dates for everything we wouldn't have the problem of different regions having different habits for displaying the date and time.

moose said:
Hey Moose! This is you now (check the postmark)
1) Good luck on your final tomorrow!

OMG, I forgot about this thread. I freakin owned that final.

LMAO, awesome moose!

1. What are alcohol swabs used for?

Alcohol swabs are typically used to disinfect and clean the skin before an injection or minor medical procedure. They are also used to clean small wounds or cuts.

2. How do alcohol swabs work?

Alcohol swabs contain a solution of isopropyl alcohol, which acts as an antiseptic to kill bacteria and prevent infection. It works by breaking down the cell walls of bacteria, destroying them in the process.

3. Are alcohol swabs safe to use?

Yes, alcohol swabs are generally considered safe to use. However, it is important to follow the instructions for use and avoid contact with sensitive or broken skin. If you experience any irritation or allergic reactions, discontinue use and seek medical advice.

4. Can I reuse alcohol swabs?

No, alcohol swabs should not be reused as they may become contaminated after use and lose their effectiveness in killing bacteria. It is important to use a new swab each time to ensure proper disinfection.

5. When should I restock my supply of alcohol swabs?

It is recommended to restock your supply of alcohol swabs regularly, especially if you use them frequently. It is best to have a backup supply on hand, so it is always available when needed. Restocking every month or every few months is a good rule of thumb.

Back