Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Metal Alloy Texts

1. Sep 15, 2006 #1
    Does anyone know any good titles for books concerning metal alloys (esp. memory alloys)?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2006 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Too broad and too specific at the same time! You won't likely find enough of both in the same book. What is it you want to learn?
  4. Sep 16, 2006 #3
    Well I am very curious about the industrial applications, especially aircarft, of memory alloys (like nitinol). I do not know where to really start. I personally think I should first get more acquainted with the theories involving these memory materials before looking for applications, but at the same time I do not want to get so bogged down in theoretical material that I cannot move forward with my research in a timely matter. (I will probably be researching the topic for about 2 years)
  5. Sep 16, 2006 #4

Staff: Mentor

I believe that ASM International publishes one or more textbooks on Shape Memory Alloys, e.g. NiTi or Nitinol. Certain manufacturers have literature available.

There are conferences and workshops dedicated to SMA's, e.g.

6. Sep 18, 2006 #5
    Thanks alot Astronauc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?