Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Metal Detector Probe

  1. May 27, 2010 #1
    Hi guys,

    I am working on a Automation project and I am wondering whether there is any probe that can emit signal to a standard PLC when iron rod is found inside a concrete wall.

    Personally, I hope it can be avaliable from RS.

    Thanks for your kind help in advence.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2010 #2
    Haha, I found the correct name of this kind of sensor.

    It's "Inductive proximity sensor" which can be find out easly in RS.

    I found this in "Industrial Motor Contorl 5th edition , Stephen L.Herman" It's really a nice electrical book to mechanical engineer.:!!)
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook