Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Metal heat treatment furnace

1. Jan 17, 2006 #1
    I hope for helping me
    I have a senier project about "metal heat treatment furnace designe and manufacture"
    I want to calculate the heat rate that required to raise air heat from 15 to 40 c in a specific volume like room with volume 4*4*3.
    I want to know about "Sensible heat" what is the equation used to calculate it?
    plz send me any websites or articles talking in this subjects.
    contact me on
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

As far as the first question, heat rate will only determine how fast your room raises to the temperature. To find the total heat or Q, just use the basic energy equation.
    Q = mC(T2-T1) where m is mass of the air, and C is specific heat.
    Given this total heat, then determine how fast you want to heat it, divide and theres your heat rate.

Not real sure about your second question though.
  4. Jan 18, 2006 #3

Science Advisor

Sensible heat is simply the heat energy obtained at an elevated temperature. It is calculated via. the equation Minger has already posted. I would highly recommend becoming familiar with web search tools. There is a lot of information to be had that way. It is very easy.
  5. Jan 19, 2006 #4
    thx alot for responding
    I think that what I need.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?